Sorry Tankers!

Tussinman

Reaction score
I'd rather have 12 starters play good and hard and win 5 games then have only 7 or 8 starters play well and win only 2 games.

Moving up a couple spots in the draft isn't worth the trade-off of having a handful less of your players not being viable NFL starters

I never understood the tank logic. Your LITERALLY fantazing that your team will have more holes because you think it will make them better (*** ?)

fivetwos

Reaction score
Because Jimmy didnt tank to get AIkman and Emmitt ....

sure sure ...
They had the Aikman pick before Jerry even bought the team, and the Emmitt pick was from Minnesota.

Jimmy Johnson never "tanked."

He didnt have to in first year...and never did after that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
1988 and 1989 seasons ... tanked seasons .

look into it .
I lived it.

What do I need to look into?

Landry "tanking" in 88 to get himself fired?

Jimmy tanking in 89 when he didnt have his first anyway??

Maybe you ought to look into it sir

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
They had the Aikman pick before Jerry even bought the team, and the Emmitt pick was from Minnesota.

Jimmy Johnson never "tanked."

He didnt have to in first year...and never did after that.
oh my word

you think going 1-15 isnt tanking ??.

you think jimmy couldnt win but 1 game ???

ahh ..

Alweezy

Reaction score
Today was literally the perfect result: The tankers got what they wanted and the people wanting to go to the playoffs got what they wanted:

1. By winning, we are tied for first place in the NFC East.
2. We still have a top 5 pick.

We weren't catching the Jets. Even if we "tanked", once they threw the MNF game, I think the fantasy of somehow sneaking into the top 1 or 2 pick went out of the window.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Not me! I coach them up and win! Losers wait around for studs, winners develop them!
I follow basketball too, sadly I root for the woeful Knicks. Im in a forum for them and so many there want to lose and get better draft picks and be patient while young guys develop. They have been saying it for years. Meanwhile they lose year after year after year.

Proof

Reaction score
Dolphins could have tanked for burrow. Instead they kept trying to improve and get better last season and lost 1st overall pick.

You dont just bend over and throw the season away and teach that its ok to be losers. You keep fighting. Its literally their job to try to win.

two things. Taking lessons from the Dolphins is not the hallmark of a good franchise

and

No one has asked the players to tank or quit. Losing can be organic.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's good to see the boys come together these last 2 weeks. My thinking is as long as they're competitive and play hard the rest of the way, win or lose its a win win for this team. It's too bad the defense took so long to start looking capable of getting some stops the trajectory of this season would look and feel much different.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It was fun while it lasted but we were never going to be bad enough to finish Top-3. Still doesn't mean we aren't bad though...as long as we finish 5-11 or 6-10, that should secure us a Top-10 pick to make this losing season worth it.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I’ve been super negative this year but I’ve said I’d rather see wins. It was great to see it . Thursday’s game is for division lead .

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
so barely making the playoffs and a "one and done" in a wild card is better than having a high draft pick?

why ?
BC it felt good yesterday..duh lol :laugh: We're the kids who take the cookie in that patience test...have a dozen if we wait or you can eat 1 now, etc. Now JJ can keep the carrot going for fans all season long.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's nice to win but honestly, this team ain't doing squat even if we win the lame NFCE.

The higher draft pick would be better for this franchise.
Might be in the long run but this is all about the short run for me.

To hell with the draft, this is all about every game they play this season. A season unlike any other we've seen and yesterday afternoon, things didn't suck. They fought hard and kept that momentum from the PIT game.

Best part of this? They made this game on Thanksgiving matter, damned near as good as seasons in the past when the teams were fighting for something. I wanted that game to matter because this is going to be the strangest Thanksgiving for the majority of people and we need something right on that day, Cowboys v Commanders for the lead in the division? Does it get any better than that for us old timers?

Think Andy Dalton can do a good Clint Longley imitation?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I will be honest this is better then 7 games of misery.
All these games will mean something now.

We'll see what they mean next spring if the eagles, giants and Commanders all pick ahead of the Cowboys and select players you wanted.

dckid

Reaction score
Read your own words. You’ve quit permanently. Go root for the Steelers. Or maybe the Jets since you like losing.
You have accepted mediocrity. You probably never even saw us win anything so out of sight out of mind. I don’t even blame you, you just don’t k ow any better. I am here to help you.