Video: Sound FX: Romo Mic'd Up at Minny game

dstovall5

Reaction score
@ Dez "You're the best player out here now act like it" Lol, love it!

I also got a chuckle when he nudged the ball, refs obviously didn't take it seriously as if he was trying to cheat. Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Titleist

Reaction score
Hahaha love the Vikings reaction after Romo gives the ball a foot wedge.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
yeah, Romo's not a vocal leader huh? "Come on! You're the best player out here, act like it!"

I love it

tommydo08

Reaction score
It's nice to hear what it was like when Romo nudged the ball. And I loved the focus switch from Romo to Dez after Peterson scores that touchdown after being stopped 2-3 yards earlier. Dez's expression is priceless

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Was that Garrett that Romo playfully shoves at the end of the clip? Tony's stronger than he looks.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Was that Garrett that Romo playfully shoves at the end of the clip? Tony's stronger than he looks.

Announcers used to make such a big deal about Donovan McNabb's strength. And although he was/is stronger than Romo, it's easy to forget that they're practically the same size (6'2" 235-240ish).

Lonestar94

Reaction score

I think Romo is one of the strongest QB's in the NFL, or atleast used to. He doesn't look that tough but alot of QB's don't either for whatever reason. I remember hearing he had the highest bench press out of any QB.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
For those that watched tonight's broadcast of NFL Replay, you'll see/hear the video linked above has the BEST part edited out.

Romo said: "Let's go win this *** game guys. You're all *** good enough to do it"

Obviously I censored the quote for posting on here, but they didn't need to edit that out of the video. They bleeped it during NFL replay.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I think Romo is one of the strongest QB's in the NFL, or atleast used to. He doesn't look that tough but alot of QB's don't either for whatever reason. I remember hearing he had the highest bench press out of any QB.

I'm not sure how good these are for QBs, but he benched 225 24 times, and he also had a max rep of 385.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-much-did-tony-romo-bench-press-at-the-nfl-combine/4179453

Also look at his 40 time, just goes to show that's one the most over rated measurements for a QB. Romo runs a 5.00 40, yet he's one of the most mobile QB's in the league, even at his age now.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I'm not sure how good these are for QBs, but he benched 225 24 times, and he also had a max rep of 385.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-much-did-tony-romo-bench-press-at-the-nfl-combine/4179453

Also look at his 40 time, just goes to show that's one the most over rated measurements for a QB. Romo runs a 5.00 40, yet he's one of the most mobile QB's in the league, even at his age now.
Exactly. There's Combine Shape and there's Football Shape, just like there's Combine Speed and Football Speed.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score

Well I would say its more of Tony is very quick and agile, just not fast in a straight line. We have seen this on full display over the years, even the nightmare in Seattle years ago. He does have good quickness and agility in the pocket to avoid rushers, but don't ask him to actually run anywhere cause he is pretty slow.

Guess it depends on your definition of mobile, its not like we will be running read option with Romo. Does he have good movement in the pocket, yes, is he going to sprint for a 93 yard TD like Pryor, no. Luckily, you don't have to have sprinters speed to be a QB, and Romo is definitely not a Bledsoe.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Well I would say its more of Tony is very quick and agile, just not fast in a straight line. We have seen this on full display over the years, even the nightmare in Seattle years ago. He does have good quickness and agility in the pocket to avoid rushers, but don't ask him to actually run anywhere cause he is pretty slow.

Guess it depends on your definition of mobile, its not like we will be running read option with Romo. Does he have good movement in the pocket, yes, is he going to sprint for a 93 yard TD like Pryor, no. Luckily, you don't have to have sprinters speed to be a QB, and Romo is definitely not a Bledsoe.

I would pay money to see that.