Video: Sound FX: Romo Mic'd Up at Minny game

bark

Reaction score
Really good stuff.. thanks woodys girl.
I esp liked the huddle shot right before the last drive.
Romo steps in the huddle and tells the offense in a very CALM matter of fact way... "This is our time guys, let's go win this game. "You are all good enough to get it done, let's go do it."

Who knew he could command a huddle like that. You now he almost even sounded like a leader... Naw , I've read in CZ that's not possible.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Really good stuff.. thanks woodys girl.
I esp liked the huddle shot right before the last drive.
Romo steps in the huddle and tells the offense in a very CALM matter of fact way... "This is our time guys, let's go win this game. "You are all good enough to get it done, let's go do it."

Who knew he could command a huddle like that. You now he almost even sounded like a leader... Naw , I've read in CZ that's not possible.

He said more than that. They edited out the F words. Honestly, I think in this case the F bombs he dropped add something to what he said. Comes out raw/real.

bark

Reaction score
I agree Steve .
I know I dropped a few in my living room... :D

He also said on that last drive . "Let's go be the team we are suppose to be."
Love that stuff from the huddle

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Loved that he called out Dez for his Crayton like drop.
Love that he was pissed on the sideline about the drop, penalties & inability to rush for short yardage.
Love the look on his face ( & Dez ) after Peterson scores the TD. The look of disgust & determination.
Love that he says "Bad miss, right there." after the Vikings miss the extra point. It's like "Yeah. We got you either way now."
Love that you now have Visual & Audio evidence that Romo DOES have Leadership qualities & when the Game is on the Line.
http://i890.***BLOCKED***/albums/ac106/UltraWarriorDallasCowboysX3/RomosGotThis_zps68d5a49e.jpg
Fan: "Lets Go, Romo!"
Romo: "I got this." *Flashes smile*

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Gained a little love for the old boy after that.. Was nice to watch....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Announcers used to make such a big deal about Donovan McNabb's strength. And although he was/is stronger than Romo, it's easy to forget that they're practically the same size (6'2" 235-240ish).
Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. As bad of shape as McFlabb was in, there's no guarantee.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not sure how good these are for QBs, but he benched 225 24 times, and he also had a max rep of 385.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-much-did-tony-romo-bench-press-at-the-nfl-combine/4179453

Also look at his 40 time, just goes to show that's one the most over rated measurements for a QB. Romo runs a 5.00 40, yet he's one of the most mobile QB's in the league, even at his age now.

It is amazing how he can escape trouble at times it is like he has eyes in the back of his head. However his runs down field look comical it is almost like he is running with cement on his feet and he can't slid worth a damn so to watch him dodging and escaping pressure truly is amazing at time.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score

dstovall5

Reaction score
For a guy some people say isn't a leader, he sure as heck acts and plays like one. Go figure.

The amount of bad rep he gets is amazing, I honestly don't understand where all of this came from. Because if you watch/listen to his audio in the huddles, it's obvious he's the leader of all the troops, and that's not just because he's the QB.

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
The replay last night had more good stuff. After the TD to Harris Romo bumps Witten and he falls down, the ref comes over and helps Romo up. Doug Free is standing there and says something like, Good thing your not Marc Columbo or that would have been a penalty.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Love the kicking of the ball and all of the Vikings and others yelling "Romo"

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Well I would say its more of Tony is very quick and agile, just not fast in a straight line. We have seen this on full display over the years, even the nightmare in Seattle years ago. He does have good quickness and agility in the pocket to avoid rushers, but don't ask him to actually run anywhere cause he is pretty slow.

Guess it depends on your definition of mobile, its not like we will be running read option with Romo. Does he have good movement in the pocket, yes, is he going to sprint for a 93 yard TD like Pryor, no. Luckily, you don't have to have sprinters speed to be a QB, and Romo is definitely not a Bledsoe.

I've said it elsewhere, he runs like he has 2 left feet. It's actually quite humorous to me when he does. Yet when he's scrambling, ducking, moving behind the LOS he looks smooth and as athletic as the announcers always talk about him being.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Non-posted highlights

Romo talking to backup quarterback Kyle Orton before warming up:

“We’re going to miss this game when we’re done playing. I hope it’s not for a while, but it’s a great game. Best game in the world.”

Romo to Terrance Williams after Romo was intercepted on a throw to Williams, who was in single coverage near the Vikings sideline:

“As you get older you’re going to realize you’re going to use your arms on this one. When they’re on the outside, the only way to get there is you got to get (expletive) physical. I mean, you just be one bad mother (expletive). It’s like an under. If they don’t move, you go up under and go wham! You know what I mean?”

Williams’ response to Romo: “I just didn’t want you to throw a pick.”

Romo: “I know. Hey, I didn’t want to, either. It’s alright, though. Good job.”

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...otivates-team-before-game-winning-drive.html/

dstovall5

Reaction score
Good stuff again, I especially liked what he said in the huddle on that game winning drive, Romo was VERY calm and collective. Tremendous composure.