Video: Sounds from the Sidelines: Cowboys at Bears

Tussinman

Reaction score
Gotcha okay. Hope Smith's rep can stay sold for the Board of Selectors five years after he retires. His rep as the best left tackle in football has suffered somewhat in the past few seasons lol.
His rep has not taken a hit at all. The coaches and players literally just voted him this summer to #52 on the NFL top 100 list for the 2018 season (I think that's now his 6th straight year on that list). The previous year they had him in the top 40

The narrative of his rapid decline is the most fake narrative that is ONLY fan created.

Tyron is currently ranked higher than 7 out of the 8 NFC left tackles from the last 2 pro bowls (the 1 player ranked higher Amstead is currently not even active)

If you ask the average cowboyzone fan they will say Tyron is a bum and not good anymore when literally stastics, coaches, and players are all voting him as elite....... (lol)

Last edited:

sideon

Reaction score
Thumbs up to Witten for coaching Moore along. But Marinelli getting on the DT's about constantly getting beat is ironic. It's his scheme. It's his hand picked players. If they suck its because he sucks.
Witten has been an albatross to this offense, so him coaching someone up is hilarious.

Haimerej

Reaction score
As I've been saying over the last few weeks- a lot of dumb players on this team. Marinelli saying, "How many times do I have to say the same thing?" and then telling them they need to prove they want to win reinforces my belief.

If the players have given up, then that just further proves my point- who wants to sign a player who quits? Just plain dumb.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thumbs up to Witten for coaching Moore along. But Marinelli getting on the DT's about constantly getting beat is ironic. It's his scheme. It's his hand picked players. If they suck its because he sucks.
Marinelli’s hand picked players suggests he had a the choice of whoever he wanted, but the Cowboys mostly have failed to commit top draft picks to the D- Line.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His rep has not taken a hit at all. The coaches and players literally just voted him this summer to #52 on the NFL top 100 list for the 2018 season (I think that's now his 6th straight year on that list). The previous year they had him in the top 40

The narrative of his rapid decline is the most fake narrative that is ONLY fan created.

Tyron is currently ranked higher than 7 out of the 8 NFC left tackles from the last 2 pro bowls (the 1 player ranked higher Amstead is currently not even active)

If you ask the average cowboyzone fan they will say Tyron is a bum and not good anymore when literally stastics, coaches, and players are all voting him as elite....... (lol)
Understood but the only evaluation which will be considered is the Board of Selectors' during their deliberations. I hope you are correct.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Understood but the only evaluation which will be considered is the Board of Selectors' during their deliberations. I hope you are correct.
There is absolutely no way there even going to bat an eye. He'll have 5 years as a top 50 player and another 4-5 years as a top 100 player.

The hall committee struggles with players that show periods of flash but have periods of inconsistentcy (McNabb/Romo type) or are very good for a long time but never high level (phillip rivers/frank gore type of player). Tyron is literally the definition of franchise consistency and high level

Dre11

Reaction score
Dang ...
Witten screaming at Moore that the playbook is worthless ! Badly designed !

Also, Zeke trying to scatter from Garrett ... Garrett was like "I will rub your feet...":facepalm:

well according to you he just stands on the sidelines with his arms folded.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is absolutely no way there even going to bat an eye. He'll have 5 years as a top 50 player and another 4-5 years as a top 100 player.

The hall committee struggles with players that show periods of flash but have periods of inconsistentcy (McNabb/Romo type) or are very good for a long time but never high level (phillip rivers/frank gore type of player). Tyron is literally the definition of franchise consistency and high level
You have a great deal of faith in the Board selection process being completely logical. Time will dictate whether your assessment is completely accurate from their perspective.

Tussinman

Reaction score
You have a great deal of faith in the Board selection process being completely logical. Time will dictate whether your assessment is completely accurate from their perspective.
Since he's not on the bubble there really shouldn't be much to debate

You could argue that at only 28 years old he's already had a better career and better/more feared reputation than Orlando Pace (Hall struggles with those on the bubble/fence but this is a clear shoo-in)

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Check out Elliott at the :49 second mark. Garrett approaches Elliott to congratulate him on the TD. Elliott gets up from the bench & brushes by Garrett, ignoring him. That's a player that has no respect for his coach. I'm certainly no fan of Garrett but I'm no fan of Elliott either. In the pregame warm-ups on the field Elliott is prancing around, listening on his headphones, smiling ear to ear. If I'm the coach I would want players that have more "chippiness" than that.
Just a couple symptoms of a dysfunctional team. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Screw Witten.....that video tells me a lot. Too many people are in Kellen's ear telling him what to do. Witten just needs to shut up and block someone...We have the #1 passing offense....yet he's ticked because he's not getting enough balls thrown his way. Would have never thought Witten would throw a coach under the bus like that...Completely selfish.

Lol screw written ?? One the all time tight ends of all time.... keep spitting stupidity!

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Check out Elliott at the :49 second mark. Garrett approaches Elliott to congratulate him on the TD. Elliott gets up from the bench & brushes by Garrett, ignoring him. That's a player that has no respect for his coach. I'm certainly no fan of Garrett but I'm no fan of Elliott either. In the pregame warm-ups on the field Elliott is prancing around, listening on his headphones, smiling ear to ear. If I'm the coach I would want players that have more "chippiness" than that.
Just a couple symptoms of a dysfunctional team. I'm sure there's plenty more.

What are you implying here...?

The league is soft now. Players aren't as competitive as they once were. Players simply don't care about winning as much as the ones in the 90s did. Zeke smiling is curtsey of the new league. Did you see the ending of this game? See any reaction from the players? No. You didn't. Its because they don't care anymore. Those expressions we saw were nothing but the faces of athletes that know they are getting paid at the end of the day, as that is all that truly matters.

RoboQB

Reaction score

I heard someone say that Tyron Smith is so good that his "downfall" is being
compared to himself. He's a freak of nature. Every GM in the league would
take him right now over their current starter.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Witten has been an albatross to this offense, so him coaching someone up is hilarious.
So you're saying Witten, with 14 years under his belt and over 235 starts in his career, doesn't know what he's talking about because he's lost a step. You do know hiss mental abilities and physical abilities are completely separate right?

coult44

Reaction score
I don't understand how you can say they don't care, and say look at their faces at the end.

They care while the cameras are on. When they leave AT&T and sit their ***, “can we say ***,” in their $250,000 dollar car, and go home to their million dollar home, and play video games until 2AM, you know good and well they don’t care.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Screw Witten.....that video tells me a lot. Too many people are in Kellen's ear telling him what to do. Witten just needs to shut up and block someone...We have the #1 passing offense....yet he's ticked because he's not getting enough balls thrown his way. Would have never thought Witten would throw a coach under the bus like that...Completely selfish.

Lol when did Witten say he needed the ball?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
No shock. No anger. No sadness. Just emptiness.
I think this is more what shock looks like. These players spent entirely too much time smelling themselves earlier in the year.

They are still in disbelief they are not nearly as good as they think they are and that this lousy Chicago offense rolled over them.