Twitter: Sounds like we are in trouble

catiii

Reaction score
gonna have to beat da giants 1st

Giant stadium

Sunday
Rain, mainly after 10am. High near 39. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%

good luck playin in dat. wet clothes in 30 degree wx/ hypothermia anyone?? I hope they're wearing 5mm wetsuits under their uniforms with hoodies and booties and oversize shoes to fit over those.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Sunday
Rain, mainly after 10am. High near 39. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%

good luck playin in dat. wet clothes in 30 degree wx/ hypothermia anyone?? I hope they're wearing 5mm wetsuits under their uniforms with hoodies and booties and oversize shoes to fit over those.
Lol. That's what football is all about.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep coming back to that horrible fake punt call in the Thanksgiving day game......down 20-16....4th and 11 from inside our 30. And we make a panic decision....:banghead:

Face it.....it's probably going to come down to that....as the reason why no playoffs for 2021.
The reason this team is 6-9 isn’t because of fake punts or other bad 4th down bad decisions. This team’s fate was sealed last spring when the FO decided our depleted defense would be ok with people like Ha-Ha, Dontari Poe, and standing pat with our other defensive players. Sure the injuries hurt, but that defense we have is historically bad.

This FO drinks it’s own kool aid every year. If you want to know why this team is what it is, there you have it.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I was told by this board that NFL teams don’t tank on porpoise. The Eagles team that lost to Cowboys last week would beat the Football Team Sunday. Next thing you will hear is Carson Wentz will start this game on Sunday.
a) players dont tank
b) organizations rarely tank a season, but when you come down to a final game and you are out of it there could be an edict from above to tank the final game

so its not really a binary choice of tanks exist vs tanks dont exist

conner01

Reaction score
This is why some of you folks need to stop with the whole "You can find good players in any round" and start listening to us .
You can find a good player in any round
But the odds of you being the one who finds the one good player in the 6th round is mighty slim
Your odds of hitting on an UDFA is better than hitting on a late draft pick
One thing that’s for sure, more first round players become good players than any other round
The higher you pick the better chance you get a good player and most first round busts are QB’s
The safest pick is oline

kskboys

Reaction score
The reason this team is 6-9 isn’t because of fake punts or other bad 4th down bad decisions. This team’s fate was sealed last spring when the FO decided our depleted defense would be ok with people like Ha-Ha, Dontari Poe, and standing pat with our other defensive players. Sure the injuries hurt, but that defense we have is historically bad.

This FO drinks it’s own kool aid every year. If you want to know why this team is what it is, there you have it.
Yup. Instead of getting one player, say, DJ Reader for around 13 mil/season, we tried the "Bandaid everything and try to win now" approach yet again. This philosophy is what's been keeping us mostly mediocre for 25 years.

W/ each and every FA available that is being considered, a COMPETENT GM would first ask: "Why is this player available?"

I admit, I didn't know what to think when some posters were pointing out that Poe was bad last year. After a few games, I did know what to think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lutonio

Reaction score
No real surprise. Those players are mending from injuries, and the Eagles are eliminated from the playoffs. It would be an evil team that put them out there under those circumstances.