Twitter: Sounds like we are in trouble

catiii

Reaction score
Having to rely on other teams losing if stupid to begin with. Is it too much trouble to take care of your own business first and not have to get to this point like this team seems to do every stinking year?

They have to beat the Giants first or the later game won't matter anyway. A Dallas win isn't as automatic as some think it will be.
Exactly and all those rubbish posts earlier in the season that certain games were not "must wins"......:thumbdown:

conner01

Reaction score
This year is the one time I don't think past draft stats may apply as much. Yes, quality will still be found in the earlier spots because you get to pick before the others...

But...with the COVID year, and the lack of tape on many college prospects it could potentially be more of a crap shoot, and the evaluations of players this year is going to be very important given there may be no combine, very little tape and possibly no in person meetings and interviews.

For agents many of them are going to seek the most advantageous positions for their clients, and if that means making them unavailable with the exception of tape and the odd scripted and choreographed event so be it.

This draft year is going to be a bit more wild and creative in my opinion.

That's why I wouldn't fret over draft position as much. Win the Giants game, let the cards drop as they may, and do your F'in job evaluating players this year, and pick good quality players to support the good young core we have already.

This is a pivotal year with the cap dropping, and the rumour that many FAs are going to be available as teams have to make hard decisions.

If this means that Texas hayseed and his spawn has to shut his pie hole and let the scouts and talent evaluators with the coaches make the picks then I am all for it. They need to get the way out of the process.

If we get another Taco Charlton I swear I will defecate on my Cowboys jerseys and ship them to a certain Johnny Walker afficionado in Dallas.

/rant...Happy New Year's everyone.
Covid is going to require some guessing what a player can be
Just get guys that love the game and work hard and you prevent the Taco’s

Beaker42

Reaction score
I keep coming back to that horrible fake punt call in the Thanksgiving day game......down 20-16....4th and 11 from inside our 30. And we make a panic decision....:banghead:

Face it.....it's probably going to come down to that....as the reason why no playoffs for 2021.
It’s that okay and about 40 others that didn’t work out. And one bad break.

Xavier187

Reaction score
*** this is good news.
We need to have the earliest pick possible.
We need help
Draftvis where its at

Cmac

Reaction score
I keep coming back to that horrible fake punt call in the Thanksgiving day game......down 20-16....4th and 11 from inside our 30. And we make a panic decision....:banghead:

Face it.....it's probably going to come down to that....as the reason why no playoffs for 2021.
.....microcosm of the season. That was a Shaqtin' the Fool moment.

stiletto

Reaction score
LOL, this team has been in trouble since week one but here we are...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The higher you pick the better your odds of getting the best player
Winning meaningless games is meaningless
But costs you on draft day in every round
Hey..

What is the big difference?

To have meaning your pick has to match your need.

It has to match up with how that pick uses your hole in your roster.

The player has to be coachable.

It's ALL A CRAP SHOOT

So many "ifs "..

Look at CeeDee last year.

Complete surprise.

It did not require a rocket scientist to draft him.

Lady Luck helps alot.

:huh:

conner01

Reaction score
Hey..

What is the big difference?

To have meaning your pick has to match your need.

It has to match up with how that pick uses your hole in your roster.

The player has to be coachable.

It's ALL A CRAP SHOOT

So many "ifs "..

Look at CeeDee last year.

Complete surprise.

It did not require a rocket scientist to draft him.

Lady Luck helps alot.

:huh:
I prefer to not pray for luck
Winning meaningless games hurts your team
Other teams see that
Look at the eagles
They will be starting the water boy Sunday and they will get a better pick than we do

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Welp, take care of business and this isn’t a problem but at the same time it’s aggravating that the Eagles will likely lay up lol

Swagger

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is playing to start as QB next season. The guys coming in will want to make plays to stay on the roster. It's not ideal but it's not done. Washington looked horrific last week as well.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can pick a all pro in any round but most are higher picks
This is from a couple years ago but interesting
Starters by round

• The first round gives you a 63% chance of finding a starter.
  • The second round gives you a 27% chance, the third a 17% chance, then it really plummets from there with 8% in the fourth and 6% in the 7th.
  • One thing interesting was more starters come from UDFA than any round after the 3rd round
  • But there are far more UDFA on a team than 3-7 draft picks
Very interesting indeed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone who didn't see this coming wasn't paying attention. Eagles aren't dumb. They know the better play is to lose and help their draft spot. So anyone remotely slowed by injury was going to not play.
Agreed.

Everyone else is smart and knows how to play the game in order to win during the draft...

...except for the Cowboys and some of their stubborn fans.

We knew a month ago that this team only had a 5% chance of ever winning the division, thus the only way of making the playoffs. We also knew much help would also need to happen, which some of us predicted would not happen.

We were in the top 5 to pick in each round of next year's draft, but instead, we will win another meaningless game and drop to at least the 16th overall spot or a few spots worse. That goes for every round in the draft. How are we going to rebuild with much lesser talent when everyone else will be picking the cream of the crop before us in every round of this year's upcoming draft?

To those fans who refused to tank...don't be complaining against Jerry or Stephen anymore. It's obvious they follow the majority of the fans' wishes, even if it hurts the team. They are all about keeping the majority happy in order to keep selling their product at all cost. Like in the movie, Gladiator. Entertain the crowd (whether by winning or losing). That's how you win and keep that $$$$ coming in.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
..what happened to the No-Hat rule the DC implemented?

ghst187

Reaction score
And Alex Smith likely to play now it looks like...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And Alex Smith likely to play now it looks like...
yes but he isnt 100 % and might get pulled if he hurts the calf playing or being hit.
also he has sat out a couple of games, so isnt in a groove anymore.