Sources: Hopkins would welcome trade to Cowboys; willing to make financial concessions

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
deandre-hopkins-111820-getty-ftr_rku6ezci8h0f1fju2ur15zgiy.jpg.webp

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Can't wait until the Joneses squanders this trade and we hear reports from the Cowboys local media of how the front office "tried" to get Hopkins, but the draft compensation needed to trade for him was somehow "too much", all while another team gives up something like a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though I should be used to this it's really frustrating to see the lack of effort to improving this team in the offseason.

Here we have a superstar player, the kind of skill position upgrade this QB needs, practically begging for the Cowboys to come get him.

The money? He'll work with you. He isn't looking to get paid.

The reported price? A 2nd round pick. To add one of the top receiving weapons in the game.

Too much? We have to hold onto those draft picks? Especially one that high? Let's take a look at what the Cowboys have done with their 2nd round picks over the last 15 years. Even with the great and almighty Will McClay.

Is there a player on that list better than Hopkins? I guess you could argue Lee, Lawrence and Diggs (I think he's better than all of them) but the fact is their usual return on a 2nd round investment pales in comparison to the instant impact Hopkins would provide in a supposed all in season.

He would make the QB better. Isn't that the most important objective this offseason so we don't have a 49ers part 3?

How could they possibly, even these colossal idiots, not be interested in this? Why am I reading a report like this from a legit team source?

It's an insult to the fans. It's why my blood boils every time we re-sign an old member of the band. Here's an actual real upgrade that can win you those playoff games, someone who can potentially change things and break this cycle of losing and we make no effort to make it happen. We're busy looking for bargains, not serious about winning.

But I guess this is what happens when you have a front office that chooses Leighton Vander Esch over Bobby Wagner.

Meet the new season. Same as the last season.

WTtoolman

Reaction score
Please, O please, O please, O please!! Get him in a Cowboys uniform!! We need someone that will fight for balls!! We need him!!

rambo2

Reaction score
Even though I should be used to this it's really frustrating to see the lack of effort to improving this team in the offseason.

Here we have a superstar player, the kind of skill position upgrade this QB needs, practically begging for the Cowboys to come get him.

The reported price? A 2nd round pick. To add one of the top receiving weapons in the game.

Too much? We have to hold onto those draft picks? Especially one that high? Let's take a look at what the Cowboys have done with their 2nd round picks over the last 15 years. Even with the great and almighty Will McClay.

Is there a player on that list better than Hopkins? I guess you could argue Lee, Lawrence and Diggs (I think he's better than all of them) but the fact is their usual return on a 2nd round investment pales in comparison to the instant impact Hopkins would provide in a supposed all in season.

He would make the QB better. Isn't that the most important objective this offseason so we don't have a 49ers part 3?

How could they possibly, even these colossal idiots, not be interested in this? Why am I reading a report like this from a legit team source?

It's an insult to the fans. It's why my blood boils every time we re-sign an old member of the band. Here's an actual real upgrade that can win you those playoff games, someone who can potentially change things and break this cycle of losing and we make no effort to make it happen. We're busy looking for bargains, not serious about winning.

But I guess this is what happens when you have a front office that chooses Leighton Vander Esch over Bobby Wagner.

You have your answer. They need a slam dunk trade like the Gillmore deal. They have some time. They need several players. They have a shot at getting them.

Big_D

Reaction score
Not negatively supporting, or pro-supporting this trade, but people thinking just draft a WR need to pay attention to the history of rookie WR's.
Like OL, they generally take time to develop unless they are just monster talents.
That is the rule and there are exceptions, but just saying...

Same deal at RB.. fans expect a guy to step right in.

XXLMike

Reaction score

He’s 30 years old coming off two subpar seasons .
I don’t see the star WR he used to be .

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m not getting the love for Hopkins. He’s 30 and hasn’t played much more than Tyron Smith since 2020.
The last two seasons he has played 19 of 34 games with 42 and 64 receptions. Only 1 reception over 40 yards. He’s never helped a team win, playing 10 seasons in Houston and Arizona. It’s not like he would bring a winning mentality or experience. Making a couple of highlight catches is what most fans remember.

Jeudy is 23 and has produced more with awful QBs As the #1 receiver.
OBJ has been a #1 star and proven he can mesh as a #2 and make a difference.
If we think Gallup can bring anything this season, there are a number of great young WRs in the draft who could play the slot role and make us better.

I like all of those options more than Deandre Hopkins.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

It’s a no brainer for sure. I bet you can get him for a 3rd and a 5th round comp pick. Basically trade Arizona Tolbert and the greatest linebacker prospect in the history of the game Damone Clark :rolleyes: :thumbup: . I choose not to believe Slater and Archer. They where clueless to the Gilmore trade and Slater basically came on the radio station saying that Zeke made Pollard and the Cowboys will regret letting him go because of his locker room presence.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
This front office is about to mess up whatever goodwill they build up with the fanbase when they got Gilmore, if they somehow mess up this trade and allows for their attempt bargain bin free agency shopping, to mess up this trade. They need to realize that no GM is as stupid as them to give up a 5th for a WR like Hopkins. But Stephen Jones is waiting for Arizona to offer up Hopkins for a 5th, just because he and Jerry was stupid enough to give up Amari for a 5th.