Sources: Hopkins would welcome trade to Cowboys; willing to make financial concessions

rambo2

Reaction score
Wouldn’t put a lot of stock in Jerry’s gibberish trying to justify the pick to the “fan base”. If graded as a OT he’s a 3rd round pick. If you look at his numbers objectively last year 6 sack, tied 1st 13 penalties, he was borderline atrocious. Cross and Ekwonu put up similar and there’s rumblings of both being bust!
They say he would go much higher in a draft do over. He would be the 1st tackle taken.

rambo2

Reaction score
Like that rather than giving up our number one pick.
Great Job !!!
:thumbup:
I don't think that they are giving up a number 1 pick for anybody. I think that the most they would give up is a 3rd round pick. Right now there are a lot of options at wide receiver. Chark and OBJ in free agency and several trade options and the draft. The Jets are a team to watch. If they sign some guys that Rogers wants, they will have to let go of a good receiver or 2. There isn't a need to rush into something and give up that 2nd rounder. They very well might get better by waiting and keeping that 2nd rounder. They will be getting some receivers from somewhere and it might turn good for them. They should be improved at receiver before it is all over with. They could be improved at 2, 3, and 4. We will have to see how it plays out. If they play their cards right, they will be improved at receiver, defensive tackle, and running back. They could also be improved at tight end as well or at least as good as they were last year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Even though I should be used to this it's really frustrating to see the lack of effort to improving this team in the offseason.

Here we have a superstar player, the kind of skill position upgrade this QB needs, practically begging for the Cowboys to come get him.

The money? He'll work with you. He isn't looking to get paid.

The reported price? A 2nd round pick. To add one of the top receiving weapons in the game.

Too much? We have to hold onto those draft picks? Especially one that high? Let's take a look at what the Cowboys have done with their 2nd round picks over the last 15 years. Even with the great and almighty Will McClay.

Is there a player on that list better than Hopkins? I guess you could argue Lee, Lawrence and Diggs (I think he's better than all of them) but the fact is their usual return on a 2nd round investment pales in comparison to the instant impact Hopkins would provide in a supposed all in season.

He would make the QB better. Isn't that the most important objective this offseason so we don't have a 49ers part 3?

How could they possibly, even these colossal idiots, not be interested in this? Why am I reading a report like this from a legit team source?

It's an insult to the fans. It's why my blood boils every time we re-sign an old member of the band. Here's an actual real upgrade that can win you those playoff games, someone who can potentially change things and break this cycle of losing and we make no effort to make it happen. We're busy looking for bargains, not serious about winning.

But I guess this is what happens when you have a front office that chooses Leighton Vander Esch over Bobby Wagner.

Meet the new season. Same as the last season.

Good post risen, agree with most of it.
But you know the jones boys lol they wont do this, dont want to give up the 2nd lol a round where they have been terrible.
As for his age and health, just use him on 3rd and 4th downs, in games that are close.
I hope they dont sign him lol.

conner01

Reaction score
Wouldn’t put a lot of stock in Jerry’s gibberish trying to justify the pick to the “fan base”. If graded as a OT he’s a 3rd round pick. If you look at his numbers objectively last year 6 sack, tied 1st 13 penalties, he was borderline atrocious. Cross and Ekwonu put up similar and there’s rumblings of both being bust!
I thought he played solid for a rookie. They knew when they drafted him he had technique issues. But he’s the future left tackle so I’d rather put him there and leave him. Ideally Steele gets back to start the year and Tyrone is depth. But we will see. At 26 there probably won’t be an impact DT or WR. So maybe a Cb falls but it looks like from early mocks TE and G are gonna be where the talent is. But you never know who could fall or what can happen leading up to the draft. Maybe a stud DT gets photographed smoking weed and falls to 26 lol

Motorola

Reaction score
Yep.
Hop is basically a 2 yr deal at 34.5 combined. (19.5 this year and 15 next year).
All his prorated money will be on the Cards sheet, so we just get his salaries.
And if he's told us he will work with us on the 19.5 hit this year, sort of a no brainer IMO.
Seems to me the way to go is Hopkins allows the Cowboys to tack on a third year to convert the 19.5 + 14.9 to 11.5 for 3 seasons; if his production is great for 2023 and 2024 -- extend Hopkins for a fourth season at the same number = 11.5

exciter

Reaction score
I thought he played solid for a rookie. They knew when they drafted him he had technique issues. But he’s the future left tackle so I’d rather put him there and leave him. Ideally Steele gets back to start the year and Tyrone is depth. But we will see. At 26 there probably won’t be an impact DT or WR. So maybe a Cb falls but it looks like from early mocks TE and G are gonna be where the talent is. But you never know who could fall or what can happen leading up to the draft. Maybe a stud DT gets photographed smoking weed and falls to 26 lol
Tyron still has an 8m cap hit for next season and now a 6m for 2024. It was pretty much telegraphed the plan was to move Tyler back inside before Steele hot hurt. Based on the history of how this team has operated the last 30 years, there’s no way they’re using a guy with a 8m hit as the swing tackle… it’s even less believable when they have dropped 4th and 5th round pick in 3 drafts specifically for that function. There should be several receivers that fit what they’re looking for. Gibbs would be almost impossible to pass up if we’re moving to McCarthys offense and it’s a major hotspot for TE! Hooker and Kearse are both FAs after this season!

conner01

Reaction score
Tyron still has an 8m cap hit for next season and now a 6m for 2024. It was pretty much telegraphed the plan was to move Tyler back inside before Steele hot hurt. Based on the history of how this team has operated the last 30 years, there’s no way they’re using a guy with a 8m hit as the swing tackle… it’s even less believable when they have dropped 4th and 5th round pick in 3 drafts specifically for that function. There should be several receivers that fit what they’re looking for. Gibbs would be almost impossible to pass up if we’re moving to McCarthys offense and it’s a major hotspot for TE! Hooker and Kearse are both FAs after this season!
We will see
I just know what Jerry said at draft day that Tyler was the future LT. If that’s the case he should be at tackle developing his footwork
Gibbs?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Current Projected WR 2023 Starters - Dallas vs. KC

Dallas
Ceedee Lamb, 1359 yards, 9 TD
Gallup, 507 yards, 2 TD
Slot: Simi Fehoko, placeholder

Chiefs
Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 687 yards, 2 TD
Kadarius Toney, 171 yards, 2 TD,
Slot: Skyy Moore, 250 yards, 0 TD

Chiefs aren't even trying to win either, I suppose, according to BFE's comment. Their second string receivers, Cornell Powell, Ihmir Smith-Marsette and Justyn Ross have a combined 15 yards in their careers.

-"Gallup the gimp"? Yeah I guess he's forever crippled after 1 ACL surgery.
- WR draft class is weak, but the one thing it has in abundance? Slot receivers. Dallas will draft one, if not two.
If you got Mahomes you can get by with jags as WR.

Maybe you did not get the memo, but we dont have Mahomes.