Sources: Hopkins would welcome trade to Cowboys; willing to make financial concessions

Robster8989

Reaction score
Maybe they can meet in the middle for a 3rd rd pick.

Yes, a 3rd would be a no brainer IMO.
Ramsay went for a 3rd, and his contract was somewhat similar.
Hop makes 19 this year and like 15 next, a bargain considering WR salaries now, and if he's willing to restructure this year to help us, come on. A big, receiver like that in MM's WC offense? Damn.

I saw a mock draft that had me salivating. We moved back from 26 to like 35, picked up an early 3rd and early 4th for the move, drafted Darnell Washington at 35. Nabbed Steve Avila, the huge OG from TCU with our 2nd, and moved back a bit with our newly acquired early 3rd and got another 4th, then got Jack Campbell LB from Iowa mid 3rd. We traded our own 3rd for Hopkins, and used our 4ths/5ths to get back into the late 3rd and grabbed Rice, the speedster from SMU and Bigby, power back from Auburn.
I think Bigby would be a great tandem with Pollard, and imagine that WR and TE room adding Hopkins, Rice and Washington. Plus Avila at G and Campbell is a big, run stuffing LB (reminds me a little of Sean Lee, hopefully minus the injuries).
Add some beef in the IDL, like Hankins and A'Shawn Robinson, bring back Peters, Fowler, and Watkins, and we'd have something cooking.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Cardinals accept a 3rd round pick + Hopkins accepts adding a year to his current contract with no money added, thus the $19,450,000 and $14,915,000 become 3 years @ $11,455,000.
Or offer $48 mil over 4 years.
Love the idea. No player would do that though. Lol

exciter

Reaction score
I don’t think they see Tyler as a guard and he played more tackle than guard
Eh, they draft him to be a guard and we’re all set to move him back inside when Tyron came back, before Steele went down.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Hopkins just played on his current contract, that would be great. Dallas would be stupid to not pursue it. If they do manage to get Hopkins, Dak will again be a top 10 QB. Strange how that works.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopkins didn’t have a subpar year- he only played 9 games because he was suspended for 6. Go extrapolate his numbers out as if Hopkins played 4 more games.

Those deals for those receivers were also for first round picks and I don’t remember those players lining up next to a ceedee lamb. I do remember him giving up 1 first however and cooper being pretty good for us overall. Spare me with the “premium” pick crap.
This team would still own over 15 picks moving forward over the next 2 years.

You can’t mortgage the future agreed, this isn’t. You can’t just throw picks away, we don’t.
Just over 700 yards with three TDs along with a suspension and injury led to a subpar year. He wasn’t going to have a great season with Murray missing the last six games. Roy Williams lined up next to TO during the 2008 season and did little after we traded multiple picks including a premium pick for him. Amari Cooper did well, but he was only 24 years old and we didn’t overpay. The Cardinals are asking too much for Hopkins, which is why no one has traded for him. They’re going to have to back off on their demands if they want to trade him.

Robster8989

Reaction score
If Hopkins just played on his current contract, that would be great. Dallas would be stupid to not pursue it. If they do manage to get Hopkins, Dak will again be a top 10 QB. Strange how that works.
Yep.
Hop is basically a 2 yr deal at 34.5 combined. (19.5 this year and 15 next year).
All his prorated money will be on the Cards sheet, so we just get his salaries.
And if he's told us he will work with us on the 19.5 hit this year, sort of a no brainer IMO.

rambo2

Reaction score
First ever MountaineerCowboy post I’ve liked.
He is totally ignorant about the draft. He should tone it down a bit after his embarrassing predictions about how bad we would be last year, but he just continues to pile it on.

conner01

Reaction score
Eh, they draft him to be a guard and we’re all set to move him back inside when Tyron came back, before Steele went down.
I don’t think they drafted him to be a guard
From Jerry just after draft
The Cowboys have boasted about Tyler Smith's upside since making him the 24th overall pick out of Tulsa. The plan was always for him to succeed Tyron Smith

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those deals for those receivers were also for first round picks and I don’t remember those players lining up next to a ceedee lamb. I do remember him giving up 1 first however and cooper being pretty good for us overall. Spare me with the “premium” pick crap.
When you give up premium picks for a receiver, they shouldn’t need to be lining up next to a CeeDee Lamb to produce. CeeDee wasn’t lining up next to much this past season and he produced. Amari Cooper didn’t have a great receiver opposite him when he arrived in Dallas, but he produced. Try again!

XXLMike

Reaction score
If you truly believe that Dhop is the answer and you really want him on your team and he wants to be on your team it’s probably best that you make it happen as soon as possible before somebody else jumps in…

I’m not advocating for him however, if the Cowboys believe this is the guy, then go get him now make it happen.

When a receiver of his prowess ends, complete level knocks on your door, you better pay attention.