Sources: Hopkins would welcome trade to Cowboys; willing to make financial concessions

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you want to give up multiple draft picks for Hopkins including a premium second day pick? I would give up a third round for him and that’s it.
ive not heard 1 time where Hopkins is gonna take MULTIPLE picks. IM not doing that. If I felt I needed a WR so bad Id draft 1 in the 1st rd before I gave multiple picks plus a 20 million salary for Hopkins. The cards must be on crack if they think someone is gonna give multiple picks for Hopkins. But like I said, just player for player, Id prefer Hopkins over OBJ.

Motorola

Reaction score
I think the value is a 4th. I would do a 3rd, with conditions of Hopkins performance.
But start out with Hopkins agreeing to tacking on a third year to his current contract --- changing that $19.5 and $14.9 million to $11.5 million for 3 seasons each....and if he does well in 2023 and 2024 - extend Hopkins for 1 more year at $12.5 million.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Current Projected WR 2023 Starters - Dallas vs. KC

Dallas
Ceedee Lamb, 1359 yards, 9 TD
Gallup, 507 yards, 2 TD
Slot: Simi Fehoko, placeholder

Chiefs
Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 687 yards, 2 TD
Kadarius Toney, 171 yards, 2 TD,
Slot: Skyy Moore, 250 yards, 0 TD

Chiefs aren't even trying to win either, I suppose, according to BFE's comment. Their second string receivers, Cornell Powell, Ihmir Smith-Marsette and Justyn Ross have a combined 15 yards in their careers.

-"Gallup the gimp"? Yeah I guess he's forever crippled after 1 ACL surgery.
- WR draft class is weak, but the one thing it has in abundance? Slot receivers. Dallas will draft one, if not two.
Toney is gonna have 80 plus catches, 1200 yards and 10 plus TDs next year. Bank on it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
reports are we are out. We are having discussions instead with the Raiders for Hunter Renfro according to the Cowboys Blog.

exciter

Reaction score
I do
Who is gibb
Jahmyr Gibbs… the bama RB who runs 4.3 and runs routes like a receiver… can’t imagine they keep Pollard past this season. It’s a bit of a stretch taking the position in the first agauin but he’s too versatile and Chris Johnson esq not to be in the discussion if still there!

conner01

Reaction score
Jahmyr Gibbs… the bama RB who runs 4.3 and runs routes like a receiver… can’t imagine they keep Pollard past this season. It’s a bit of a stretch taking the position in the first agauin but he’s too versatile and Chris Johnson esq not to be in the discussion if still there!
He’s a really good RB and won’t cost the 26th pick. I don’t think the days of the bell cow pounding it up the middle 25 times a game is practical in todays game. A RB needs to be a playmaker like a CMC. A weapon with the ball in his hands on runs and passes. He’s that type of back

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. Cooper only got us a 5th round pick in exchange because this:

Cooper salary of $20 million per year. Trades aren't for players...they are for players + their contracts.

Uh...no. The league pays him top 10 money. He keeps getting awarded top-ten recognition, with 6 pro bowl nods. Absolutely has been top 10 in WR stats several years.
He was never top 10. He’s a great route runner. But that’s all people could say he was great at. That’s not top 10 just because you run great routes. You can’t disappear in big games like Kirk Cousins and claim they are rop 10.

It’s funny though. He’s top 10 but teams didn’t want to pay 20 million a year for him? Make it make sense.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
God forbid we give up an extra 5th round pick along with a 2nd or 3rd….it would really set us back for years

XXLMike

Reaction score
Jerry isn’t giving multiple picks - he’s gonna wait this out until training camp if need be.

I’m not sure he even wants to give up a 4th rounder .

Patrick

Reaction score
Why would we give up a 3rd for Hopkins when we could just draft another Jalen Tolbert?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cardinals accept a 3rd round pick + Hopkins accepts adding a year to his current contract with no money added, thus the $19,450,000 and $14,915,000 become 3 years @ $11,455,000.
Or offer $48 mil over 4 years.
There you go!!! Just do it Jerry.

T-RO

Reaction score
Toney is gonna have 80 plus catches, 1200 yards and 10 plus TDs next year. Bank on it.

Toney has electric skills. But in 2 seasons the guy has only managed to start 8 out of 34 games.

We'll see if Chiefs can fix his immaturity/injury/loaded AR15/no-show-for practice issues.

I keep "bank" far removed from sports, but thanks for the invitation.

T-RO

Reaction score
If you got Mahomes you can get by with jags as WR.

Maybe you did not get the memo, but we dont have Mahomes.

I gave you a like for your clever retort.

The reality? The Chiefs #1 receiver, JuJu now plays for the Pats. Their third and fourth most productive WRs are also gone, and KC hasn't done anything to restock. I'm sure some fans there are freaking out.

Our WR room is waaay better than the Chiefs right now, yet you and others are calling out, "Doomed. We are Doomed!"

You know, sometimes rosters aren't fully formed one week into the offseason.

T-RO

Reaction score
A little advice: Rip Jerry and Stephen to the ground. Do it intelligently and I'm with you. They've got countless failings. Just don't be dumber than the Jones FO with your critique. When the stank of stupid fans overwhelms the stank of the Jones family...as it has inevitably this week... Not a good look for you. Not a good smell for anyone.

Oh...and do remember they have a staff of about 30 people dedicated to NFL and college scouting, most of them smarter than you or me at this stuff...with many thousands of hours researching every detail of offseason opportunity.

Try not to embarrass yourself.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
To be clear: I intended my last post towards the whole forum, not any individual.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Come on people! Dak couldn't find a wide open Hilton. He is a one read QB and it won't matter how many star WRs you surround him with. Choke causes tunnel vision!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Toney has electric skills. But in 2 seasons the guy has only managed to start 8 out of 34 games.

We'll see if Chiefs can fix his immaturity/injury/loaded AR15/no-show-for practice issues.

I keep "bank" far removed from sports, but thanks for the invitation.
and he went from inactive to bam, healthy and playing as soon as he arrived in KC. He knows he needs to take off to get a payday. The Chiefs love him and now that he will have a full training camp under his belt with Mahomes... hes going to take off.