Sources say today (May 1st) is the day Randy Gregory applies for reinstatement

roughneck266

Reaction score
Well, I dont know what the process is. I believe he will be given his chance. What he does with it, that's another story, but I hope he has his priorities where they need to be. He can burn all he wants in a few years time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I hope they talk a little bit about this on Talkin' Cowboys today.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Why???? Dude has straight up shown time and again what's more important to him...puffing the whacky weed pipe and watching pink elephants become roasted pig on a stick. Personally I could care less about this guy. What he might have been when we took a chance on his butt, has long ago passed him by. IMHO he will just be another schtick on the bench

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Funny how you can read any of these Randy Gregory threads and easily pick out who the potheads are. HINT: They are the people defending this loser with hope he will contribute.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I dont know what the process is. I believe he will be given his chance. What he does with it, that's another story, but I hope he has his priorities where they need to be. He can burn all he wants in a few years time.

Goodell, Mara and Friel will start a year long investigation. So expect an announcement during TC in 2019....:laugh:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Im switching teams. Ive thought Gregory was going to be reinstated for awhile now. But now that it's looking more and more likely, and more fans are starting to back him I dont think he'll be reinstated.

Too much positivity, and now im expecting a negative result.

Creeper

Reaction score
Given it Goodell making the decision and Gregory is a Cowboy, nothing is certain. But Josh Gordon got a second chance to I am assuming if the rumors are tru about him being clean for the past 2 years then he probably will get a chance to come back. The question is after all this time off will he really make a difference? Can he stay clean for any length of time? Can Dallas depend on him to be there when they need him? Was he really any good to begin with?

We'd all like to think he is the hyped up player we drafted, but at this point he is a long shot.

Here is a bigger question, with the federal government apparently decriminalizing pot use in states which have legalized pot and more and more states legalizing it, what will the NFL policy be for marijuana use among players?

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
The only sure-fire way he has advanced since we drafted him is that he is 3 wasted years older.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Im switching teams. Ive thought Gregory was going to be reinstated for awhile now. But now that it's looking more and more likely, and more fans are starting to back him I dont think he'll be reinstated.

Too much positivity, and now im expecting a negative result.

I’m curious on what grounds do you believe he won’t be reinstated? What have you seen or heard that would indicate that? We’ve heard he’s been clean for 2 years. Josh Gordan has been given multiple chances.

I’m not gonna get into the whole addiction portion of this, because some people don’t get what addiction is. But Randy is not what you’d call your typical addict, and pot isn’t your typical “addictive drug”.