Sources say today (May 1st) is the day Randy Gregory applies for reinstatement

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This dude has been out of football for HOW LONG? Would he even make the team right now?

2 seasons and we will see likely this offseason. Team drafted Armstrong so it's not like they are holding their breath. There is zero risk. He either shows something or he is gone and its not like he is going to shove some prodigy off the roster.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I dont get why people cant see that this is NOT a question of "is smoking pot morally o.k or not " . It has zero to do with it. ZILCH. The only thing that matters right now is that your employer, the NFL, has said that if you do it.......... you will be suspended. PERIOD. You either make the choice to obey your company's rules, or you deal with the consequences. Simple as that.

And thus the discussion of the policy in the first place. It should be changed and medicinal marijuana should be allowed. It's a hell of a lot better than those opioids and anti inflammatories they IV into them.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
2 seasons and we will see likely this offseason. Team drafted Armstrong so it's not like they are holding their breath. There is zero risk. He either shows something or he is gone and its not like he is going to shove some prodigy off the roster.

I think you misunderstood. I have no problem with them bringing him back. I'm just saying I'm not sure he'd even be able to make the team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood. I have no problem with them bringing him back. I'm just saying I'm not sure he'd even be able to make the team.

i got that. I was just addressing why you might think that it matters whether or not he is able to make the team. i am guessing he has a better shot than say Jameill Showers.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
i got that. I was just addressing why you might think that it matters whether or not he is able to make the team. i am guessing he has a better shot than say Jameill Showers.

I didn't even say it mattered or not. I literally ASKED the forum if he would even make the team. Literally. Do you think he would even make the team right now. I actually want your opinion

Jameel Showers definitely has no business making this team haha.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I didn't even say it mattered or not. I literally ASKED the forum if he would even make the team. Literally. Do you think he would even make the team right now. I actually want your opinion

i have no idea. I would need to at least see what type of shape he is in and I have no idea what he even looks like.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Read a couple articles saying this and saying Gregory has two years of clean tests to back it up. If so, how can the commish deny it? Would love to see Gregory live up to the hype this year.

Yawn.........

texbumthelife

Reaction score
i have no idea. I would need to at least see what type of shape he is in and I have no idea what he even looks like.

There's not much chance he's in football shape. The players always say it takes playing. Is it worth it to maybe take a flyer on him for another year to get him back even ready to play?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is defending him. I think you have a group of mature fans who are sympathetic and don't take every opportunity to unnecessarily rip and make fun of a guy they don't know. No member of this message board knows what his personal demons are.

Exactly! It's about hoping that he gets back on track and, at a minimum, hoping that he can contribute for us.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

I think he makes the team and is a starter because he is very good at what he does And no I do not smoke weed anymore at least not yet

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The fact people still defend this guy and have hope he will amount to anything is the funniest joke.

29h3uc.jpg

gmoney112

Reaction score
There's not much chance he's in football shape. The players always say it takes playing. Is it worth it to maybe take a flyer on him for another year to get him back even ready to play?

If hes done a 180 and progressing through camp, he'll probably make the roster. Dont think itll take a year to get meaningful snaps from him if this is a legit effort. Muscle memory is a hell of a thing

Wood

Reaction score
Read a couple articles saying this and saying Gregory has two years of clean tests to back it up. If so, how can the commish deny it? Would love to see Gregory live up to the hype this year.

Should reinstate Gregory on conditional basis similar to what they did with Josh Gordon.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Yes, I think he would make the team, provided he gets reinstated for training camp. He came back for the final 2 games of the 2016 season and played well after missing the entire year. The dude has talent.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The fact people still defend this guy and have hope he will amount to anything is the funniest joke.
To steal a line from War Games - “I’d piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good.”

DAL1180

Reaction score
The fact that some people have no idea concerning his situation and bash him is sadder. Once the smoke clears, and he plays, will you and others like you change your mind?
Huh! Huh! He said "smoke clears". LOL.