Sources: Texans, Moulds agree on Deal

ravidubey

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
This will make the Texans more interesting. I'm happy they got him. I'm pulling for the Texans in the AFC South this year.

Except when they play us this year. Reggie Bush, Eric Moulds, and Andre Johnson could be menacing.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Except when they play us this year. Reggie Bush, Eric Moulds, and Andre Johnson could be menacing.

They still need a QB though, carr sucks so it don't matter. Maybe they can pick up Henson, after all they drafted him originally. :laugh1:

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Oh how similar are the Texans to us.. Wide Reciever, Wide Reciever, Questionable Quarterback, Potentially good flashy Running Back...now can the oline be put together? Where have we heard this story before? Only thing missing is the tight end similarities.

Good sign for them though. Wouldn't mind seeing them put a little something together with this..

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
One thing is for sure, consider this a Joey Harrington year for David Carr. One last chance, no more excuses. The weapons are all in place, just gotta produce.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Another thing about the Texans -- their D is horrible. And they are going to a 4-3 D this year w/out the players to do it properly.

I'll admit I hate that team. Living in Houston and being a Cowboys fan will do that to you. You H-Towners here know what I'm talking about. The "peni$ envy" that town has for Dallas is beyond description.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
The Texans and Moulds can agree that everyone should eat lunch at 1:00pm. What they agree on means nothing. It doesn't matter unless Houston coughs up the pick the Bills are asking for. Up to now they haven't agreed to give them their 4th. They've offered their 5th. It ain't a deal until the two teams agree. This is like an announcement that we've agreed to sign Lavar Arrington for 1m a year.

doomsday81

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
The Texans and Moulds can agree that everyone should eat lunch at 1:00pm. What they agree on means nothing. It doesn't matter unless Houston coughs up the pick the Bills are asking for. Up to now they haven't agreed to give them their 4th. They've offered their 5th. It ain't a deal until the two teams agree. This is like an announcement that we've agreed to sign Lavar Arrington for 1m a year.

Yeah, I'm sure the difference between a 4th and 5th round pick will be a deal breaker when they already took the time to hammer out a new contract with the guy. It's not like one team is offering a 4th round pick and the other team wants a 1st round pick. Be realistic.

TLW47

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
Another thing about the Texans -- their D is horrible. And they are going to a 4-3 D this year w/out the players to do it properly.

I'll admit I hate that team. Living in Houston and being a Cowboys fan will do that to you. You H-Towners here know what I'm talking about. The "peni$ envy" that town has for Dallas is beyond description.

You're right. Just go to any message board with the Texans name involved. They'll have a "Dallas sucks" thread or two going.

I have to admit one of the joys of my life was seeing the Texans totally bottom out this last year. Carr getting his butt kicked every game.

You wanna see more envy? Just wait and see if by some miracle Jerry managed to get Vince Young. Houston's hero. You'll be able to hear the screams all the way to the Metroplex if that happened. It won't but it's fun thinking about.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Yeah, I'm sure the difference between a 4th and 5th round pick will be a deal breaker when they already took the time to hammer out a new contract with the guy. It's not like one team is offering a 4th round pick and the other team wants a 1st round pick. Be realistic.

It is a significant difference whether you can see that or not. The Texans pick first in each round so the first pick on the 2nd day is a fairly valuable pick vs a 5th rounder. Could be the difference between a starter and a backup. If it fell through it wouldn't be the first time a team has a conditional deal with a player only to not agree on comp- it almost happened with John Abraham this year and probably would have had the Hawks not decided to sign Julian Peterson instead.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
You're right. Just go to any message board with the Texans name involved. They'll have a "Dallas sucks" thread or two going.

I have to admit one of the joys of my life was seeing the Texans totally bottom out this last year. Carr getting his butt kicked every game.

You wanna see more envy? Just wait and see if by some miracle Jerry managed to get Vince Young. Houston's hero. You'll be able to hear the screams all the way to the Metroplex if that happened. It won't but it's fun thinking about.

Dude, if the Cowboys got VY, Houston would completely melt down! LOL!

I used to pull for the Oilers growing up -- I was first and foremost a Cowboys fan, but if the Oilers were playing I'd support 'em. I never realized the Cowboys Hate until I moved here back in '97. It is laughable! I too was happy as hell to witness the Texans suck last season.

I rarely listen to 610 AM Sports Radio, but I can assure you that if one turns it on during a local show, they'll be talking about the Cowboys at some point. Hatin', but talking about them nonetheless.