News: Spagnola: Don't Forget These Dak Bottom Lines

Creeper

Reaction score
This is Micky Spagnola being the homer he usually is. He is painting all these contracts in a light that is basically irrelevant. Just look at his comment that only $110 million of Goff's contract is guaranteed, meaning $24 million isn't. Wow, that's great news for the Rams, NOT!

I do agree him that no one knows what the two sides are asking for. But obviously, Jerry thinks Dak is asking for too much or he would have signed him already. It has to be money or the term of the contract. I am certain health benefits are not the issue, nor is a parking space next to the training facility. As Micky says, look at the history of Cowboys QBs. Jerry made Romo the highest paid QB in the league without batting an eyelash. So what's the holdup with Dak? Clearly the Cowboys think Dak is their guy, a franchise QB. So the only holdup must be what Dak is asking for vs. what the Cowboys are willing to give. Every contract a teams signs is a risk. The team decides how far out on a limb it is willing to go for a player. Clearly, Jerry thinks Dak is asking him to venture out onto the limb to the point its going to break.

In these negotiations both sides like to leak disinformation to put pressure on the other side. The owners like to claim the players are being unreasonable. The players like to claim they want to stay and they love their home towns. Of course they can't can't see themselves playing anywhere else. The owners are the ones being cheap and greedy. Its all hogwash. Micky is probably writing about an off the record conversation he had with someone in the Cowboys front office. He is spreading the team's BS.

Agents operate under the premise that the Salary Cap increases every year and salaries should increase along with it. Whatever Goff got in 2019, the price is higher now just because a year has elapsed. Goff got $33.5 million a year so you can bet Dak is asking for more - a lot more. I would not be surprised if the hold up was either the guaranteed money or the term of the deal.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I did not know about the Bears drafting Meredith and sending him to the Cowboys to keep him away from the Texans (Chiefs). Interesting stuff.
I think Dak will sign soon. And the money won't be outrageous.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why, what is going to change?
The knuckleheads who have confined themselves of any of the following scenarios will have to change their tactics. Granted, they will be stuck with Dak and that will pain them like garlic around a vampires neck, but they’re hate-options will continue to be plentiful. At least they wont be able to spew any of the following inane opinions
  1. Trade away the next three drafts to get Joe Burrow. Three firsts, theee seconds and three thirds? No problem. But, the Bengals are stupid and we’re the Cowboys so we could probably get it done for a bucket of chicken and a couple of season passes to Six Flags and we can have Burrow for next nothing!
  2. Tank this season and try for a 3-13 record to go for Trevor Lawrence. The other terrible franchises who deluded themselves into thinking this works in football like it does in the NBA, will not be nearly as skilled as the Cowboys at tanking. After all, Mike McCarthy in his first year won’t care if we are a Bengals level team. Oh, and Trevor Lawrence will be better than Brady or Montana.
  3. Draft a random second or third tier rookie QB and dream of a magical “Dak-Like” rookie season from a complete unknown, but unlike Dak, this guy has secretly been Pat Mahomes Jr all along, hiding and waiting for the Cowboys to draft him. The rest of the league has *no idea* who this guy is. Shhh!
  4. Trade Dak for multiple first round picks, high ones, of course, because obviously the entire rest of the league values Dak as elite but we know he’s a scrub. We’re smart. They’re dumb. Make it happen Jerry
  5. Let Dak walk, sign a bus driver like Keenum or Bridgewater and somehow take the 10m difference in pay between them and Dak and sign one of the 10 all-pro NFL elite, difference making free agents to come in and take us to the Super Bowl. We all know those guys would take a massive discount and work for 10m. Hell, we might get two of them at 5m each. Don’t they know we hate Dak and they should respect the Fan Zone posters enough to do that for us? If not, they are selfish grandstanders who don’t want to win. They’re probably friends with those other two villains, D-Law and Jaylon. I bet they all hung out at the pro-bowl and plotted ways to save starving children
Now, those posters, being the miserable, self-loathing Cowboy fans they are, will adapt and change. They always do because they are like a resilient fungus that no matter how much bleach and sunlight is poured on them, mutates and changes into a new strain that requires an entirely new set of tactics to cure.

Fortunately for them (sucks for us), many of their old deranged arguments remain intact.

Early predictions
  1. Hot damn! My hidden Cowboy hating tsble is set for years! Dak sucks. Everything all the time is Dak’s fault. Sun comes in to ATT stadium? Dak. Gene Jones art being talked about on the broadcast? Dak. LVE stops trying to chase a tight end so he can stop and do a Wolf Call mid-play and gives up a TD? Dak. Jeez, I hope they don’t go to the super bowl because I secretly root for my team to fail.
  2. Jerry! #^}*%!, here we go again! Just die already and we can conduct a ceremony that resurrects Tex and Tom and they take over the team and we can go back to the Glory Days!
  3. If we had Jimmy, he never would have let this happen. He would have sent Dak to the asthma field!
  4. Dear Tiny Jesus, in your golden fleece diapers with your tiny, little fat balled up fists... Remember when our QB was Roger Staubach? Captain ‘Murica? He would have punched Dak in the face just like he did Clint Longley. Can you make him 28 years old again so he can come back to us?
  5. Speaking of punching people in the face. Remember when Nolan beat up Ventura? Wonder if Nolan would come play WB for us. He’s be an upgrade s an at 73 years old.
  6. Let’s get more guys like LVE, Sean Lee, Jeff Heath, Zack and Fredbeard. Only they can stop the side-hustle having, community outreaching, hospital visiting, off-season tweeting Axis of Evil led by Dak, Tank and Jaylon. Oh, and don’t mention that LVE, Jimmy and the great Walt Garrison all had side hustles of their own. They were the real heroes.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak should remain patient. Accept the tag this year knowing that if he has another good season he will be in an even stronger position next year with the new CBA and Mahommes contract resetting the entire QB market. His agent is obviously aware of all this.