Spags on his ranch report (link) made a good point about this whole Roy vs. JJT thing

jlust22

Reaction score
Mickey's ranch report from tonight with The Hardline is linked below. He talks about whatever happened today with the note a little bit. I think writer's get into dangerous territory when they start talking about money vs. performance. Players will take offense when you write that they should give Jerry a refund because they are playing so poorly.

Also, Dallas Cowboys.com is now archiving the weekly shows from The Ticket that are Cowboy related. The Troy Aikman show and The Keyshawn Johnson show from this week are on there and are definitely worth the listen for those interested.

Ranch Report

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
2 minutes on the "story" and 2 minutes on history of spagnola's moustache. now i KNOW i'm bored...

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
jlust22 said:
Mickey's ranch report from tonight with The Hardline is linked below. He talks about whatever happened today with the note a little bit. I think writer's get into dangerous territory when they start talking about money vs. performance. Players will take offense when you write that they should give Jerry a refund because they are playing so poorly.

Also, Dallas Cowboys.com is now archiving the weekly shows from The Ticket that are Cowboy related. The Troy Aikman show and The Keyshawn Johnson show from this week are on there and are definitely worth the listen for those interested.

Ranch Report

Another good point that he made was that the writers actually put their names to what they write.

Whoever it was should quit being a coward and say something to him man to man if it really bothers him that much.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Another good point that he made was that the writers actually put their names to what they write.

Whoever it was should quit being a coward and say something to him man to man if it really bothers him that much.

And risk getting fined? Naw, the message was delivered and JJT needs to know that he should pick and choose his words a little more carefully next time. He got what he deserved. :p

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Fletch said:
And risk getting fined? Naw, the message was delivered and JJT needs to know that he should pick and choose his words a little more carefully next time. He got what he deserved. :p

Really? So which players deserved an "A" from him?

Perhaps it's the players that are getting what they deserve for this crap filled season? Hmmmm?

Bababooey

Benched
Reaction score
Fletch said:

Without even debating wheter or not JJT was right or wrong in his writings. Whoever the player was, was wrong. You have to have thick skin as an athelete period.

And as far as I can tell, nobody on this team save Jason Witten has performed to their capabilities. Nobody.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bababooey said:
Without even debating wheter or not JJT was right or wrong in his writings. Whoever the player was, was wrong. You have to have thick skin as an athelete period.

And as far as I can tell, nobody on this team save Jason Witten has performed to their capabilities. Nobody.

That's a little hard... I would give the following players credit for giving what I think they are capable of:

Witten... of course.
Key
Al Johnson
Gurode
Tucker
George... Eddie can't do anymore than what his is doing.
T. Glenn
Singleton
Vinny
Ellis
Glover
Larry Allen
Anderson
Lee
Romo
Henson

Maybe a couple more but that's about it.

The fact is this isn't a very talented footballl team and it wouldn't make the playoffs even if players like Roy, T. New, Dat and Adams were having career years.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I am the only person who thinks this is no big deal.

The player didn't sign his name? So what? Was it going to be published? It's just a freaking note. I doubt it was meant for publication.

Apples and oranges on the signing a name to it issue. It's just not the same thing.

Is JJT somehow bruised by this? Is Roy Williams by JJT's article? Either they will get over it or they won't. I'll bet you money right now that JJT escalates this from here a lot further than the anonymous note writer will. Again, so what?

This is such a non newsworthy "issue" yet people seem genuinely up in arms about it.

I don't give 3 hoots in hell that a player has a beef with a writer. It happens.

So a note was posted. Was it a ransom note? If so call the Police. If not recognize it for what it is, someone venting.

Judas Priest.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:

The player didn't sign his name? So what? Was it going to be published? It's just a freaking note. I doubt it was meant for publication.

Apples and oranges on the signing a name to it issue. It's just not the same thing.

Is JJT somehow bruised by this? Is Roy Williams by JJT's article? Either they will get over it or they won't. I'll bet you money right now that JJT escalates this from here a lot further than the anonymous note writer will. Again, so what?

This is such a non newsworthy "issue" yet people seem genuinely up in arms about it.

I don't give 3 hoots in hell that a player has a beef with a writer. It happens.

So a note was posted. Was it a ransom note? If so call the Police. If not recognize it for what it is, someone venting.

Judas Priest.

Nope...

You're not the only one.

It's like the AB situation.

Everything gets overblown.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Nope...

You're not the only one.

It's like the AB situation.

Everything gets overblown.
There was a baseball player, I want to say his name was Albert Belle, could have been someone else. He called a Press Conference to announce he was no longer talking to the Press.

That is the only thing I can think of that is more ridiculous than this.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Make that three of us.

Yeah, ok, leaving an anonymous nasty note is juvenile. Kinda like fourth graders sneaking back from recess early to draw dirty pictures on the chalkboard. It certainly would have been preferable for whoever did it to confront JJT, or better yet, just ignore him from hereoin. That's how you make a scribe pay for his unfairness or excess. Shut him off.

But this has already taken on much more momentum than it deserves - and that is thanks to JJT himself. Inevitably, the spin will be it's an "example" of how Tuna has lost his team. And I don't know about anyone else, but the finger pointing at Roy, sans any evidence at all, is the worst aspect of it.

Could have been any player, or players, or someone associated with the team in a minor capacity but with access to that room. Or a fan, irate at JJT's dissing of Roy, snuck in and posted the diatribe.

Come to think of it, where HAS RW31 been these past few days? :p

No big deal. But JJT seems intent on self-martyrdom.

Reaction score
I diagree Michael...
This IS/was a playoff team...

The 2nd year in Parcells system should have been better...Much better!
Talent has been raised yet performance has fallen...

zimmy hasn't coached well and should be fired for his awful coaching!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hollywood Henderson said:
I diagree Michael...
This IS/was a playoff team...

The 2nd year in Parcells system should have been better...Much better!
Talent has been raised yet performance has fallen...

zimmy hasn't coached well and should be fired for his awful coaching!

You look at the talent:

Vinny
Eddie George
Wiley
Dixon/Scott
Willams/Reeves/Frasier/Hunter
Randall Williams/?
Any DT not names "Glover."

You look at compare the above players with any similar group in the NFL for those respective positions and I'll tell you this is the worst group of talent in the NFL... collectively I don't know what group is even close outside of maybe Miami.

We have a group of players playing key positions that couldn't start for anyone else in the league outside of a few celllar dwellers just like us.

Yeah, coaching is part of it. But man, you gotta have talent. And we don't at far too many positions.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
You look at the talent:

Vinny
Eddie George
Wiley
Dixon/Scott
Willams/Reeves/Frasier/Hunter
Randall Williams/?
Any DT not names "Glover."

You look at compare the above players with any similar group in the NFL for those respective positions and I'll tell you this is the worst group of talent in the NFL... collectively I don't know what group is even close outside of maybe Miami.

We have a group of players playing key positions that couldn't start for anyone else in the league outside of a few celllar dwellers just like us.

Yeah, coaching is part of it. But man, you gotta have talent. And we don't at far too many positions.

Last years team was superior. All the roster moves backfired. Name ONE that worked?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Last years team was superior. All the roster moves backfired. Name ONE that worked?
Acquiring Drew Henson for a 3rd round pick. 1st round talent without losing a 1st rounder. Brilliant move.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Make that three of us.

Yeah, ok, leaving an anonymous nasty note is juvenile. Kinda like fourth graders sneaking back from recess early to draw dirty pictures on the chalkboard. It certainly would have been preferable for whoever did it to confront JJT, or better yet, just ignore him from hereoin. That's how you make a scribe pay for his unfairness or excess. Shut him off.

But this has already taken on much more momentum than it deserves - and that is thanks to JJT himself. Inevitably, the spin will be it's an "example" of how Tuna has lost his team. And I don't know about anyone else, but the finger pointing at Roy, sans any evidence at all, is the worst aspect of it.

Could have been any player, or players, or someone associated with the team in a minor capacity but with access to that room. Or a fan, irate at JJT's dissing of Roy, snuck in and posted the diatribe.

Come to think of it, where HAS RW31 been these past few days? :p

No big deal. But JJT seems intent on self-martyrdom.
Oh trust me, JJT knows the players dislike him. He's going to play the victim card as much as he can.

You can bet your boots he is secretly thrilled at all of this because he's not a dumb man by any wild stretch of the imagination. He has the leverage and he knows it.

It's a non-story but he'll find a way to make it one. He's already making it bigger than it is by even bothering to comment.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:

when i made it this simple, i was blasted for being a JJT fan. despite how many times i said it had nothing to do with JJT, it always fell back to that and insulting my family.

how come my asking someone to put their name to their opinion was so wrong?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile said:

2 notes like that put into a room full of reporters and it's *not* meant for publication? did he think they'd all keep it quiet?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
iceberg said:
2 notes like that put into a room full of reporters and it's *not* meant for publication? did he think they'd all keep it quiet?
The choice to make it known was theirs at that point. I would have laughed about it, kept the note for giggles, and done my job without squawking.

That's just me.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Nors said:

R Lee > Cason

McBriar > Gowin

:eek: