Spags on his ranch report (link) made a good point about this whole Roy vs. JJT thing

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The choice to make it known was theirs at that point. I would have laughed about it, kept the note for giggles, and done my job without squawking.

That's just me.

and maybe it's just me, but it never should have been written in the first place.

if you're going to look for blame/responsibility in all this, take it back to the source. oh wait...you can't. they didn't sign it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
iceberg said:
and maybe it's just me, but it never should have been written in the first place.

if you're going to look for blame/responsibility in all this, take it back to the source. oh wait...you can't. they didn't sign it.
Let me ask these questions before I drop this topic completely.

1. How does the team feel about JJT?

2. Is he one of the guys?

3. Is it possible or impossible they might not like him much?

4. Do their feelings on his articles matter?

5. How many players were present when this note was written?

6. Is there any way at all that we can know for certain that this was the work of one person?

7. Is it possible that several players were angry and co-wrote the note that's why no one signature was placed on it?

8. Is it possible that several players felt JJT was out of line and wanted to put him in his place?

9. Have we determined 100% who the author is and if it is one person, acting alone, out of malice?

10. Is it possible (or impossible) this might have a rallying or "call to arms" effect on the team if many of them were upset at this particular writer?

Maybe it's just me, but right now, from where I sit I don't see a lot of commentary on this issue by the players or coaches on the team. I see the "victim" makin comments. I see Spags making comments. So far is it just the writers and fans stirred up and emotional about this.

I just have a feeling that within the team none of them even care about this. One guy or 53 guys, someone just needed to vent.

That's how I see it anyway.

jay cee

Reaction score
Hostile said:
The choice to make it known was theirs at that point. I would have laughed about it, kept the note for giggles, and done my job without squawking.

That's just me.

Come on now Hos, you have done plenty of squawking on this and the previous forum.

And why would the reporters suppress something that happened in the press conference?

The player knew that was not going to happen.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Fans crack me up...they want Roy or whoever it is to confront JJT, yet if he did I'll bet everyone (media included ) would call him a "punk" and a "cry baby" for doing so.

Trust me, I somehow don't think Roy is afraid of JJT...I think he's more afraid of knocking him out and getting sued if he did.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Let me ask these questions before I drop this topic completely.

1. How does the team feel about JJT?

2. Is he one of the guys?

3. Is it possible or impossible they might not like him much?

4. Do their feelings on his articles matter?

5. How many players were present when this note was written?

6. Is there any way at all that we can know for certain that this was the work of one person?

7. Is it possible that several players were angry and co-wrote the note that's why no one signature was placed on it?

8. Is it possible that several players felt JJT was out of line and wanted to put him in his place?

9. Have we determined 100% who the author is and if it is one person, acting alone, out of malice?

10. Is it possible (or impossible) this might have a rallying or "call to arms" effect on the team if many of them were upset at this particular writer?

Maybe it's just me, but right now, from where I sit I don't see a lot of commentary on this issue by the players or coaches on the team. I see the "victim" makin comments. I see Spags making comments. So far is it just the writers and fans stirred up and emotional about this.

I just have a feeling that within the team none of them even care about this. One guy or 53 guys, someone just needed to vent.

That's how I see it anyway.

one more time because it never seems to get through. this isn't about JJT - this is about a cowardly way to present a message "calling someone out".

take out JJT and put someone else there, it doesn't change my point.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
iceberg said:
one more time because it never seems to get through. this isn't about JJT - this is about a cowardly way to present a message "calling someone out".

take out JJT and put someone else there, it doesn't change my point.
Nor mine. How do we know the team is upset and this is a disruption? From where I sit the media looks upset and a few fans, but no one else. If the team is upset then I am worried about it.