Spags: Romo suffered “non-displaced” fracture of the little finger

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
MONT17;2337132 said:
If it happen on the first play of the of the last drive how did he manage to finish the drive? Sounds like Jerry is doing some belichek trickery!

I think it was the first play in overtime. It was a three and out.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It is ok. Secretly, Romo is practicing throwing with his left hand. SHHH! Don't tell anyone.

juck

Reaction score
ninja;2337945 said:
It is ok. Secretly, Romo is practicing throwing with his left hand. SHHH! Don't tell anyone.

hes not Larry Bird now.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Did they ever say when it was broken? Was it the Defenders hit to the hand or Romo hitting the ground? I would think that if it was the defenders hit to the hand the soft tissue ligament damage would be minimal outside of bruising. If he broke it hitting the ground that could be a whole different story.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;2336838 said:
This is VERY close to what Romo's hand X-Ray would look like.

I've taken a few in my life.

:p:

fracture-1-800x600.jpg

Exactly. although not displaced. That one 'appears' to have some angulation and rotation albeit not much. Crap.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I broke exactly the same bone in my right hand a couple of years ago..

There was no operation, I just had to wear a cast and let it heal. I probably would have been ok to throw a football after 4 weeks, and threre's no lasting damage or discomfort.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
juckie;2336406 said:
This is what TO had but to his ring finger.He got a plate and played in what 3 weeks?

I don't know if a QB can get grip on the ball with a plate on his finger. if it would work i guess he could play next week.

fortdick

Reaction score
Hailmary;2336611 said:
What's that thing TO uses? A hyperbaric chamber? Would that help him heal faster? Maybe they can fashion one just for his hand, like the one in Zoolander? :laugh2:

What a great exposee' on the male modeling industry!