Video: Speak for Yourself-Only the Good Die Young Dak

pansophy

Reaction score
Are people still hoping that we will draft a QB that we'd plan to use instead of Dak to deny Dak getting paid? Not going to happen. Even if we draft a QB mid rounds, Dak is going to get paid. This is akin to people hyping up Pollard in preseason in the hopes that the front office felt the same so they'd not work out a deal with Zeke. How'd that turn out? Lol.
You may be right, but I read an article a few weeks back -- can't remember where now -- but in essence the 3 big things that get negotiated on a contract are contract length, contract value, and guaranteed money. Jones are okay giving up on 2 of the 3, but Dak's agent has been playing hardball on all 3.

Zeke wanted to be called the highest paid running back, and so they tacked on 2 big years to the end of the contract that Zeke will never see in reality. Don't think there will be any such creative solutions for Dak given that he wants a 4 year deal. The thing that concerns me is that if Dak plays on the tag then even if he signs a 4 year deal next year then it would be like signing a 5 year deal now. So in my mind if Dak plays on the tag (assuming he doesn't hold out), then I don't see how this doesn't become like Cousins. We'll have him for 2 years max.

Almost everyone would agree that Dak is in the top half of starting QBs, and we are incredibly fortunate to have gotten him considering we wanted to trade up in the 1st to get Paxton Lynch. So I have no faith that we can draft a QB and be successful, but I also don't like the way this negotiation is going.

pansophy

Reaction score
Probably won't.

The Cowboys are sold on Dak, even if some fans are not.
Yeah, I just don't think this negotiation needs to be so hard. I think Dak is good enough to win with, assuming we don't overpay hugely. Concerns me that a deal seems so hard to reach.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I tried to warn everybody that CAA and France have a history of this and that this is how they operate. I tried to tell everybody that they would play hardball and that we shouldn't be surprised if he has Dak sit out. All of this has yet to play out but as I said months ago, I will not be surprise if this happens. This can't be the way you run your Franchise. You can't win this way, IMO.

Blake

Reaction score
Sensational journalism at its finest .......nothing to see here. Keep moving....

But memo to Dak........You have some serious haters out there. They are looking for any reason, whether legit or not, to bring you down/take you out. DO NOT give them unnecessary admonition.

Or any unnecessary English lessons. No one likes a know-it-all.