Speaking of Cowboys/Packers (1995 replay)

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
The NFL Network is showing the 1995 NFC Championship game tomorrow (Friday) night. I believe it is 8pm Central Time.

I am very excited about this b/c, IMO, this is one of the most
under-appreciated games in Cowboys history. Great game. Can't wait to see it again.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;2270235 said:
The NFL Network is showing the 1995 NFC Championship game tomorrow (Friday) night. I believe it is 8pm Central Time.

under-appreciated games in Cowboys history. Great game. Can't wait to see it again.

Hate to burst the preverbial bubble but then we were talkin' Favre and Texas stadium. Now we're facin' a better than Favre Alex Rodgers in Green Bay. No comparison, IMO. I think we need some defensive turn-overs to win this one.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score

i'm excited as hell to see it again.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Seven;2270294 said:
Hate to burst the preverbial bubble but then we were talkin' Favre and Texas stadium. Now we're facin' a better than Favre Alex Rodgers in Green Bay. No comparison, IMO. I think we need some defensive turn-overs to win this one.

First of all who is Alex rodgers?

obvious aside..How in the world can you say a statement like this? Rodgers has played two games against low ballers and now this A-rod green bay team is better then the 95 squad with a young favre?

I dont think so.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I was at that game, my first Cowboy game live at Texas Stadium, great game.
Packer fans behind me literally wept as Favre fell beneath a sea of sacks to end the game, the crowd long since had been chanting "Super Bowl, Super Bowl!"

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I still have the VHS version of that game and plugged it in before last year's game against Favre and Green Bay at Texas Stadium. Pretty cool.

You forget just how bad Favre was early in games at Texas Stadium. That crown really messed with him.

Mike_45

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up, I have this on VHS and am going to get it on DVD this time around to have for ages. This game was great. Erik Williams controlling Reggie White, Emmitt flying over the goal line and the team getting a trip to Tempe. Good stuff.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2270317 said:
First of all who is Alex rodgers?

obvious aside..How in the world can you say a statement like this? Rodgers has played two games against low ballers and now this A-rod green bay team is better then the 95 squad with a young favre?

I dont think so.

It was obvious. Thanks for pointing it out. You felt the need to make it infinity and beyond obvious? :rolleyes:

Aaron. I always get his and Smith's first names mixed up. Forgive me? Geez.

How do you know they're "lowballers? You yourself said "two games" implying that ain't enough to judge, Right?

Make a decision and stick with it.

Do you not remember this kid picking us apart last year when Favre went down? He came back from a deficit? Do you not remember last year?

Where did I say he's better than Favre back then? I said he's better than Favre now.
I wrote; Now we're facin' a better than Favre Alex Rodgers in Green Bay

Try and Keep up would ya...............

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
This is AWESOME!!!!!

I loved summerall and madden together!!!

look at Ref Ed H....looking pretty young. nice to see reggie white in action again. i hated him, but respect for his abilities.

also, i don't miss the rock hard turf we had. the new one is better. but i REALLY wish we would go back to the dark blue end zones.

i miss them.

I can't believe it's been almost 13 years. seems like yesterday.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
and holy crap favre looks like a kid!!!!!

and he really slung it around wildly back then, even more than he does today.

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
The FOX digital scoreboard is very different- no first down indicator or yellow line to tell you where's the first down.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
i miss the days of the trumpet guy!

and when you could celebrate like crazy when you scored a td.

i still hate deion's showboating...carrying the ball with one hand, unprotected. ugh.

oh man....that was one crazy illegal pick that sprung deion on that big gain on the first TD drive. LOL

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2271733 said:
The FOX digital scoreboard is very different- no first down indicator or yellow line to tell you where's the first down.

and their graphics seem so outdated, now!!!

but i'm sure at the time they seemed innovative.

this is really cool to watch. major nostalgia.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2271740 said:
Would you compare it to T.O.'s showboating and wacky celebrations?

no, deion was much worse, b/c TO protects the ball, for one.

sure, TO gets crazy when he scores or makes a big play.....but deion will high step as soon as he touched the ball.

such an ego.