Speaking of Cowboys/Packers (1995 replay)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
SlwSVT;2271758 said:
Was that not one hell of a play by Leon Lett?

too bad he ran sideways instead of straight up the field....he had a wall of blockers and could have walked in.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
That Dallas team was the weakest of the three Super Bowl teams of that era, but I would love to see them face off against any of the Patriots three Super Bowl winning teams of the 2000s.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2272287 said:
My observations:

1) Mike Holmgrem looks 100 lbs lighter than today. What the heck are they feeding him up in Seattle?

2) Joe Avezzano was quite the hot temper on the sideline. His schtick got old, but it was kinda funny back then.

3) Ed Hochuli wasn't as trigger happy with the wistle back then. I counted at least 3 plays where he blew it late.

4) Irvin was a beast, and flat out owned DBs.

5) Aikman throws the tightest spiral I've ever seen.

6) Emmitt Smith is money up the middle. He wasn't fast, but his burst across the line of scrimmage is amazing.

7) Eric Williams probably had a hit on him after this game. The low block on Jon Jurkovic, then clubbing Reggie White over the head repeatedly.

8) Reggie White ("the Minister of Defense") was none to happy at the end of this game. He was about the beat the crap out of a camerman that was just doing his job. His words and actions were not very Christian in my opinion. Take defeat like a man.

9) Who were half the buffoons in suits on our sidelines? They all look like movie stars and comedians. I think Switzer may have allowed reps from each player's posse on the sideline. The sideline looked like a joke.

10) Deion - a small part of me always wanted an opposing player to beat the crap out of him. Sadly, it never happened.

EDIT:

11) One more thing: Today's NFL is a joke. Do you think any teams that won recent super bowls can match up against those 2 teams you saw take the field in this game? Bring on the Patriots of this decade. They can't hold a candle to any of the powerhouse teams of yester year.

warren moon threw the tightest spiral i have ever seen.....but no one was more accurate than aikman

about deion....remember the playoff game against carolina when he was a WR and got lit up by like 3 panther defenders.....and they had to carry him off the field, with him looking all dangly like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz.....for those of us that didnt care for him....that was a funny play to watch.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Biggems;2272298 said:
warren moon threw the tightest spiral i have ever seen.....but no one was more accurate than aikman

about deion....remember the playoff game against carolina when he was a WR and got lit up by like 3 panther defenders.....and they had to carry him off the field, with him looking all dangly like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz.....for those of us that didnt care for him....that was a funny play to watch.

Yeah, I remember that 1996 game against the Panthers, but I had to listen on the radio that day instead of watching it on TV. I suppose I can find it on Youtube.

I have friends that have been diehard Cowboy fans since 1960, and they couldn't stand him. They are classy people, but all wanted Deion to get the crap knocked out of him. They appreciated his talent, but didn't like the rest of his schtick.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Seven;2271988 said:
I love the she-men who think they have everything figured out.

NOW is the key word here. As I've used in my previous post's. Rodgers is better NOW than Farve is NOW. Not in yester-year or whatever fantasy world you reside in but as of "TODAY" "AS OF NOW" " IN HIS GOLDEN YEARS OF PLAYING THE GAME OF FOOTBALL". Aaron Rodgers is the better QB, IMO, and according to the win/loss ratio you so proudly boast, is proof of that.

Did..........I .........Type .........Too........Fast ........for.......you.........?

Feel free to call yourself a DORK. The rest of us are............................................................
As expected, you provided NOTHING to back up your moronic claim. win/loss ratio. :lmao2:
THATS IT? Thats what you are basing this ALL on? :laugh2:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2272304 said:
As expected, you provided NOTHING to back up your moronic claim. win/loss ratio. :lmao2:

LOL! I love how Rodgers hasn't even played a quarter of a full season yet, and everyone calls him the second coming.

All the talk of Romo, when he started the same number of games was, "wait until opposing teams get some film on him, and then he'll be exposed."

bigE79

Reaction score
Fyi...their Showing The Game Again Now On Nfl Network

David276

Benched
Reaction score
its on again, and again it is really cool to watch . we were cheering for it at the bar hahah it was better than that crap college game baylor was playing

MONT17

Reaction score
The drive b4 the end of the half was vintage cowboys. Note to all barry sanders fans watch the first play of that drive and u will see why emmitt has 3 rings! That drive was unreal when u consider the time it happend and the fact farve did not have time to answer.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Man, Emmitt ran so hard that game.

I just loved how both of our front lines seemed to get stronger as the game went on...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2272304 said:

Boy, you need some direction in life. I'm gonna hlep you out here.

1. Go to Walmart and purchase a 4"x4" peice of glass.

2. Cut same size hole where your belly button is and insert glass.

3. With your head being so far up your _ _ _, you can now see.

I was going to suggest you pull your head out, but we'd then be deviod of your quality posting.

Re-read my post in question, comprehend it, then get back to me, son.

Seven

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2272307 said:
LOL! I love how Rodgers hasn't even played a quarter of a full season yet, and everyone calls him the second coming.

Well I love when people use "everyone". You do realize that's the WHOLE world? Tell you what tho, I'll make it easier on you and just ask you to show me where I stated Rodgers is the secondcoming. Start with that. I'll wait.

Seven

Reaction score
Rack;2272065 said:
After rewatching that game again, you can see a huge difference from how physical that team was (mainly defensively) compared to today's team. That defense was a lot nastier and more intense than our defense today. Hopefully our current D will reach that level of intensity and physicality someday.

There's also a big difference in general in how physical the game is compared to back then. DB's were allowed to play football back then. I liked it better that way cuz it separated the men from the boys. If you had good players on offense, you could move the ball and score. Nowadays average players are putting up big numbers thanks to all these rules changes that seriously hinder defenses.

Sarge;2272100 said:
Yep - no doubt - at the risk of getting ripped apart - I think our current DL is a bit overrated by us fans. It's good, but it's not as good as some think.

Chocolate Lab;2272150 said:
It's definitely not that good. Not bad, just not exceptional either. None of the players on it are great players.

And Rack is so right about DBs being allowed to play. It's no coincidence Manning and Brady set all the records in just the last few years.

I also saw Aikman get blasted by a blitzing safety or corner from his blind side a couple ticks after he threw the ball... And no call. That would've been at least a 15 yard penalty today. And maybe a $15,000 fine. :cool:

I should've read this whole thread. Shame on me. These are great posts.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Seven;2272503 said:
Boy, you need some direction in life. I'm gonna hlep you out here.

1. Go to Walmart and purchase a 4"x4" peice of glass.

2. Cut same size hole where your belly button is and insert glass.

3. With your head being so far up your _ _ _, you can now see.

I was going to suggest you pull your head out, but we'd then be deviod of your quality posting.

Once again, bringing NOTHING to the table to prove your point. Just another smokescreen to cover your own stupidity. Carry on. :rolleyes:

Seven

Reaction score
Seven;2272503 said:

Ultra Warrior;2273057 said:
Once again, bringing NOTHING to the table to prove your point. Just another smokescreen to cover your own stupidity. Carry on. :rolleyes:

:blind:

Talk about a smokescreen.....................

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seven;2273099 said:
:blind:

Talk about a smokescreen.....................
:huh:

I don't get it. Is this what this is all about?
Seven;2271518 said:
Do you not remember this kid picking us apart last year when Favre went down? He came back from a deficit? Do you not remember last year?

Where did I say he's better than Favre back then? I said he's better than Favre now.

I wrote; Now we're facin' a better than Favre Alex Rodgers in Green Bay
You were correct. When Aaron Rodgers replaced Brett Favre in that game last season, Favre was 5-of-14 for only 56 yards passing with zero touchdowns and our defense picked him for two interceptions. On the other hand, Rodgers gave the Packers' offense a lift by going 18-of-26 for 201 yards and a touchdown.

So, what's the argument? :confused:

It's true. During the first two games of 2008, Rodgers has run the Green Bay offense better than Brett Favre had in 2007. It doesn't mean that Rodgers will or will not regress tonight and during the rest of this season. It doesn't mean that his two games as a starter this season even remotely comes close to what Favre has done his entire career. It does mean that Rodgers has demonstrated through the first two games that he has performed better than Favre through the first two game of 2008. That's it.

I don't get it. :confused:

Seven

Reaction score
DallasEast;2273121 said:
:huh:

I don't get it. Is this what this is all about?You were correct. When Aaron Rodgers replaced Brett Favre in that game last season, Favre was 5-of-14 for only 56 yards passing with zero touchdowns and our defense picked him for two interceptions. On the other hand, Rodgers gave the Packers' offense a lift by going 18-of-26 for 201 yards and a touchdown.

So, what's the argument? :confused:

It's true. During the first two games of 2008, Rodgers has run the Green Bay offense better than Brett Favre had in 2007. It doesn't mean that Rodgers will or will not regress tonight and during the rest of this season. It doesn't mean that his two games as a starter this season even remotely comes close to what Favre has done his entire career. It does mean that Rodgers has demonstrated through the first two games that he has performed better than Favre through the first two game of 2008. That's it.

I don't get it. :confused:

I don't know Dallas. I think he's a cronie from DCC .com lookin for a fight but has nothing to stand on. Pretty much the criteria for being a "member" over there. That and you have to use the words "******" and "moron" at least 3 times in every post.
He probably got banned for being a :mule: which is basically impossible but from what I've read from him here, he could pull it off.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The funniest thing about the Cowboys and Packers of the mid-1990's is that the Cowboys were the "bad boys" of the NFL with highly publicized off the field issues.

I was at Disney World when the 1995 NFC Champ game was being played, and was watching the game in the hotel lobby with some Packer fans from Milwaukee that I didn't know. They were such bandwagon Packer fans that they didn't know any of their own players other than Favre.

One of them approached me and said, "The Packers are such a clean team with no off-the-field issues, and the Cowboys are such low-lifes."

Low and behold, as time would tell, it was later discovered that Favre had a painkiller addiction, and the Packers Tight End, Mark Chmura, was a child molester.

Clean team, huh? :laugh2: