Special teams gives up 17 points

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
landryscorner;2330449 said:
uhh yes there is coach avezzano is only a phone call away
Like I said, there isn't anyone...

Coach Joe has vowed never to work for Jerry ever again. I trust the source of that info.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Is it the coach or the players on special teams?

Is it the special teams coach's fault because two players on the front line didn't block on the blocked punt?

Is it coach's fault that two first round draft picks #93 and #31 missed tackles on the KO return?

Is it the coach's fault that Folk misses a chip shot 36 yd FG?

Is it coach's fault that Folk kicks the ball out of bounds?

Is it coach's fault when McBriar shanks a punt and gives them good field position?

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2330460 said:

Coach Joe has vowed never to work for Jerry ever again. I trust the source of that info.

why does Joe feel that way?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hostile;2330460 said:

Can we had it over to Dave Campo I mean he was a better headcoach than reed is a ST coach (yes I realize he have a dual coaching role):eek:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
xWraithx;2330606 said:

Joe stuck around during those really horrible 5-11 seasons, from what I understand - Jerry was very difficult to work for during that time.

But I do know one thing - never underestimate a desperate Jerry Jones.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2330301 said:
Reed has got some explaining to do to Jerry. I hope Jerry comes down hard on him. All season our special teams has let us down. Completely unacceptable.

so does Garrett

such as why call playaction after running the ball 3/4 times? not in a row mind you

Wade too

such as why he backed off on the Cards just because they tied the game up at 14-all

goshan

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2330357 said:
The Cardinals also got their first TD (and got their offense going) after we gave them great field position with a kickoff out of bounds.

The special teams were (mostly) horrible. The blocking was horrible (that includes Deon Anderson and most of the line). Romo's fumbles were horrible, and his passing was occasionally horrible. The defense was mostly horrible in the second half (Anthony Henry in particular).

If we play like that in the playoffs, we obviously won't win a game. Again.

I really didn't think the D was horrible even in the 2nd half. Warner made some great throws and the Fitz was awesome.

Ender

Reaction score
dont forget about the kick off that went out of bounds....

Americas_Team

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2330275 said:
Missed fg 3 points

Return 7 pts

Blocked punt 7 points

Worse coverage team in the NFL

ST coach Reed needs to be fired

The entire coaching staff sucks big time..... They should all get fired....

Americas_Team

Reaction score
Hostile;2330281 said:
16 points. They didn't need to kick the last PAT.

Horrible tackling on STs today.

Jimmy Johnson use to say that special teams were special, and needed to be treated that way… special teams is another part of the game we suck on… giving up 16 points in one sigle game is way too much...

He also said that well coached teams got better as the season went on, and bad coached teams got worse… we are getting worse…

We need to start by firing Wade…

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
xWraithx;2330606 said:
I believe it is over the way he was fired as Desperadoes Head Coach after he stuck around through the Campo debacle.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm not sure he hasn't already been replaced in all but title. We already knew John Garrett has reportedly been actively involved in the special teams since the preseason , but then we see Campo and Wade having an animated discussion on the sidelines after the runback ... is Campo "helping out" on special teams now too?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
goshan;2330814 said:
I really didn't think the D was horrible even in the 2nd half. Warner made some great throws and the Fitz was awesome.

I said the defense was mostly horrible in the second half. In the first half, we stopped Arizona on EVERY third down. In the second half, they converted EVERY third down until Ware's sack at the end. (I forget, is that considered "garbage time" by the haters or not?) Henry allowed 76 yards and a TD on one drive alone. Overall, the defense was pretty good. But it was pretty bad for a stretch of three possessions, one of which had Arizona pinned back at its 6-yard line.