Speculation: Coughlin Sick Of Buress's Issues, May Trade Him..

Reaction score
I was listening to a New York Sports Station and they were talking about Buress and his latest incident with him shooting himself and his other off the field issues.

They were saying that the players along with the coaching staff, Tom Coughlin, are getting sick and tired of Buress's off the field issues and are saying that he is becoming a cancer within the lockerroom.

They were speculating that Buress may get traded in the off-season if he continues with his off the field issues.

IMO, I wouldn't doubt that Buress is on thin ice. Hey, they got rid of Shockey, why not Buress? Coughlin, doesn't take crap from players and I doubt he will take crap from a punk like Buress.

It will be an interesting story to watch to see if anything develops further with Buress and the Giants.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
future Eagle?

Eagles made a run at him when he was a FA but the Giants threw more $$ at him.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2451122 said:
future Eagle?

Al Davis is probably working a deal right now...

:laugh2:

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2451122 said:
future Eagle?

There was a reason why the Steelers traded Buress in the first place. Good player with a bad attitude. Not a team player.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451124 said:
There was a reason why the Steelers traded Buress in the first place. Good player with a bad attitude. Not a team player.
Yeah and the way the Eagles pay all their players, I doubt he'll play for 25 cents a game too.

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2451129 said:
Yeah and the way the Eagles pay all their players, I doubt he'll play for 25 cents a game too.

You know after all the stuff with T.O. I doubt they make a move on another bad boy.

Plus, the Giants won't trade him within the NFC Conference.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Burress isn't going to have much trade value after this season of poor production and off-field issues. This is doubly true after that extension.

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451131 said:
Burress isn't going to have much trade value after this season of poor production and off-field issues. This is doubly true after that extension.

His trade value won't be hurt. Teams know what they are getting.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451120 said:
I was listening to a New York Sports Station and they were talking about Buress and his latest incident with him shooting himself and his other off the field issues.

They were saying that the players along with the coaching staff, Tom Coughlin, are getting sick and tired of Buress's off the field issues and are saying that he is becoming a cancer within the lockerroom.

They were speculating that Buress may get traded in the off-season if he continues with his off the field issues.

IMO, I wouldn't doubt that Buress is on thin ice. Hey, they got rid of Shockey, why not Buress? Coughlin, doesn't take crap from players and I doubt he will take crap from a punk like Buress.

It will be an interesting story to watch to see if anything develops further with Buress and the Giants.

As much as I hate to say it, the Giants O will actually be better with Burress out. When he was out a couple of games, Eli started spreading it around more, instead of trying to force it to him. They also have a group of young and talented receivers.

Remember last year when Shockey went down, they said their season was over...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451135 said:

There's also the possibility of him getting suspended-if so, I would think the Giants can void his contract.

As for Philly not wanting him b/c of what happened with TO? Keep in mind they went after Randy Moss last offseason(and for that matter too, DeSean Jackson ADMITTED he takes plays off himself). It wouldn't surprise me if McFlabby started whining to the FO to get him, and Reid will likely give into him.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a top 10 WR in the league when healthy. Cancer or not, if they get rid of him, they're gettin' rid of a quality on the field WR.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2451143 said:
There's also the possibility of him getting suspended-if so, I would think the Giants can void his contract.

As for Philly not wanting him b/c of what happened with TO? Keep in mind they went after Randy Moss last offseason(and for that matter too, DeSean Jackson ADMITTED he takes plays off himself). It wouldn't surprise me if McFlabby started whining to the FO to get him, and Reid will likely give into him.

Come on, Reid didn't do crap to get Moss! Trust me, I live outside of Philly and Reid did a half-*** job trying to offer Moss more money when he knew 100% that Moss wanted to stay with Brady.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2451139 said:
As much as I hate to say it, the Giants O will actually be better with Burress out. When he was out a couple of games, Eli started spreading it around more, instead of trying to force it to him. They also have a group of young and talented receivers.

Remember last year when Shockey went down, they said their season was over...

I agree but Buress is their goto guy in the RedZone.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451135 said:

What did the Raiders get for Moss?

Reaction score
Sarge;2451148 said:
He's a top 10 WR in the league when healthy. Cancer or not, if they get rid of him, they're gettin' rid of a quality on the field WR.

If I am the Giants I'd send him somewheres were he will be unhappy like Detroit or the Raiders.

Mash

Reaction score
I find it funny....

Coughlin wont take crap?

Hasnt Buress been fined up to 50 times since he has been a Giant?

So now after winning a SB with this player .....Coughlin has had enough?

I just find that funny.....

Buress is a idiot.....but if Coughlin is tired of his antics its because he is now comfortable with other WR's and they are winning.

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451153 said:
What did the Raiders get for Moss?

A Forth! But the situation is different. The Raiders had no choice to get rid of Moss because the Raiders were stupid to openly complaining about the player. Every team knew that Moss wan't going to be a Raider and the Raiders took what they could get. Also, Buress is 27 years old and Moss is in his 30's.