Speculation: Coughlin Sick Of Buress's Issues, May Trade Him..

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451120 said:
I was listening to a New York Sports Station and they were talking about Buress and his latest incident with him shooting himself and his other off the field issues.

They were saying that the players along with the coaching staff, Tom Coughlin, are getting sick and tired of Buress's off the field issues and are saying that he is becoming a cancer within the lockerroom.

They were speculating that Buress may get traded in the off-season if he continues with his off the field issues.

IMO, I wouldn't doubt that Buress is on thin ice. Hey, they got rid of Shockey, why not Buress? Coughlin, doesn't take crap from players and I doubt he will take crap from a punk like Buress.

It will be an interesting story to watch to see if anything develops further with Buress and the Giants.

Exit Burress.. Enter Manningham.. The Giants bus keep right on rollin. (unfortunately)

RoadRunner

Reaction score
I get the feeling that Michael Vick and Plax are going to be team mates in the future. Maybe even cell mates if this keeps up.

Eskimo

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2451540 said:
I get the feeling that Michael Vick and Plax are going to be team mates in the future. Maybe even cell mates if this keeps up.

The two of them deserve each other - maybe love at first sight?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451620 said:
True but he still sucks!

I don't know what to make of him - he is buried pretty far down the NY depth chart. Maybe we'll see some more of him with the Burress situation.

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451628 said:
I don't know what to make of him - he is buried pretty far down the NY depth chart. Maybe we'll see some more of him with the Burress situation.

Toomer and Hixon will be the starters and Steve Smith the Slot guy. Not a Giants fan but do know most teams depth chart thanks to fantasy football.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451634 said:
Toomer and Hixon will be the starters and Steve Smith the Slot guy. Not a Giants fan but do know most teams depth chart thanks to fantasy football.

I don't like the Giants either, but give them credit-they have quality depth at alot of positions.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoadRunner;2451540 said:
Vick will be out before Plax gets in.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2451321 said:
Yah I know that the other club accepts his contract unless they re-structure it but remainder of the signing bonus accelerates and goes right into the salary cap that year the player is traded. So if Plax got a $12 million signing bonus over 5 years $2.4 million got absorbed in this years cap but next year they'd have to choke on the whole $9.6 million in 1 shot. That's a big chunk of change and that's why the new contract complicates trading Plax because he's only in his first year of it. Now if he got guaranteed money that wasn't in the form of a signing bonus this would make things easier trade wise. It was an extension so probably no signing bonus, just more guaranteed dough. You're probably right on Jobberone, his contract may not be a big issue after all since there is no signing bonus.

Actually I forgot about that. I don't know what his cap cost would be but I'm guessing they skinny out of it esp if the commish slaps him down. To be honest I think he will once the smoke clears. I'm guessing the charges go away via green magic. But I wouldn't bet on that. But if he comes away clean then his bonus money would be accelerated into next year I think.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451650 said:
TommyBoy is a good coach!

LOL. He's another Parcells. But SB wins get you a lot of slack at sometimes an invitation to join exclusive clubs.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Who the hell would want him? This is a guy who whined his way to a fat contract extension, then got worse attitude-wise after getting his money. They got better after dumping Shockey; Burress will be no different.

Boysboy

Reaction score
bbgun;2451687 said:
Who the hell would want him? This is a guy who whined his way to a fat contract extension, then got worse attitude-wise after getting his money. They got better after dumping Shockey; Burress will be no different.

Believe us-there will be a fair share of teams out there who are desperate enough. They prolly have this "He'll be OK for ONE year" thinking.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2451694 said:
Believe us-there will be a fair share of teams out there who are desperate enough. They prolly have this "He'll be OK for ONE year" thinking.

Someone will be willing to take him, but anyone willing to give up major picks? We got Pacman (young, Pro Bowl caliber CB for a $1.5M/yr with no SB) for a 4th - what is anyone going to give up for a 32 year old whiny, frequently injured WR with a $7M/yr contract who just shot himself in the leg?

He'll get released and get a contract with no bonus, heavy on incentives.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451769 said:
Someone will be willing to take him, but anyone willing to give up major picks? We got Pacman (young, Pro Bowl caliber CB for a $1.5M/yr with no SB) for a 4th - what is anyone going to give up for a 32 year old whiny, frequently injured WR with a $7M/yr contract who just shot himself in the leg?

He'll get released and get a contract with no bonus, heavy on incentives.

The Saints gave up a 2nd and a 5th for an underperforming and injury-prone Shockey. The Skins gave up a 3rd and a 4th for that lazy hack Brandon Lloyd a couple of years ago. Didn't the Vikings give us the mansion for a very good but not great Herschel Walker once upon a time ago?

Like I said-stranger things have happened.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2451797 said:
The Saints gave up a 2nd and a 5th for an underperforming and injury-prone Shockey. The Skins gave up a 3rd and a 4th for that lazy hack Brandon Lloyd a couple of years ago. Didn't the Vikings give us the mansion for a very good but not great Herschel Walker once upon a time ago?

Like I said-stranger things have happened.

Well, the Skins are nuts and Lloyd was young and had a big game against the Cowboys in his contract year and had no legal issues.

As for Shockey, again no legal problems and fairly young. Plus, HC had a history with him.