Speculation: Coughlin Sick Of Buress's Issues, May Trade Him..

Reaction score
Mash;2451156 said:
I find it funny....

Coughlin wont take crap?

Hasnt Buress been fined up to 50 times since he has been a Giant?

So now after winning a SB with this player .....Coughlin has had enough?

I just find that funny.....

Buress is a idiot.....but if Coughlin is tired of his antics its because he is now comfortable with other WR's and they are winning.

That's how football goes.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451150 said:
Come on, Reid didn't do crap to get Moss! Trust me, I live outside of Philly and Reid did a half-*** job trying to offer Moss more money when he knew 100% that Moss wanted to stay with Brady.

I thought I read Reid offered Moss an arm and a leg-but Moss' intentions were NOT to go elsewhere(he wanted NE to up their offer, so he was just using the Eagles as a pawn).

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451158 said:
A Forth! But the situation is different. The Raiders had no choice to get rid of Moss because the Raiders were stupid to openly complaining about the player. Every team knew that Moss wan't going to be a Raider and the Raiders took what they could get. Also, Buress is 27 years old and Moss is in his 30's.

Also give credit to the Pats' FO-remember the Packers and Jags wanted Moss, but the Raiders' FO wanted a bit too much. Somehow, the Pats got into the fray late in the game, and somehow were able to nab him cheap around draft day. Ultimately, they exercised patience.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2451161 said:
I thought I read Reid offered Moss an arm and a leg-but Moss' intentions were NOT to go elsewhere(he wanted NE to up their offer, so he was just using the Eagles as a pawn).

Ya! After the fact, that he knew Moss wasn't going to leave. Reid is a sorry GM!

Reaction score
Boysboy;2451163 said:
Also give credit to the Pats' FO-remember the Packers and Jags wanted Moss, but the Raiders' FO wanted a bit too much. Somehow, the Pats got into the fray late in the game, and somehow were able to nab him cheap around draft day. Ultimately, they exercised patience.

When you have Brady has your QB, you can get what you want.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451164 said:
Ya! After the fact, that he knew Moss wasn't going to leave. Reid is a sorry GM!

I also read today that Lito Sheppard got demoted in the depth chart. Joselio Hansen, their Jacques Reeves that is, passed him up as their nickel corner.

Remember once upon a time ago, there was a BIG trade sweepstakes for this guy. Really-if he's so good, to the point of wanting a 1st day pick AND a good player(i.e. Saints' LT Jamaal Williams) for him, isn't it a coincidence that noone wanted to touch him with a 10 foot pole? Another bone-headed move by Reid.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2451158 said:
A Forth! But the situation is different. The Raiders had no choice to get rid of Moss because the Raiders were stupid to openly complaining about the player. Every team knew that Moss wan't going to be a Raider and the Raiders took what they could get. Also, Buress is 27 years old and Moss is in his 30's.

Burress is 31 years old.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Trading him isn't going to be easy at all for the Giants. The biggest reason is that he just signed a 5 year $35 million contract laced with a nice signing bonus. Unless the cap is abolished they will take a huge shot trading or releasing him.

Now if they are hurting to get rid of the guy then the best possible thing that could happen to the Giants is Burress getting suspended by the commish and them being able to arbitrarily let him go with no pay because of him going against the player conduct policy which is implemented in all the players contracts. This of course is if they want to get rid of him.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
trade deadline has passed this year. If he will be traded, its not going to be anytime this year.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I think he'll definitely get traded with a potentially strong crop of WRs to be available in the draft coming up, get like a 2nd, or fleece a desperate team like Washington for a 1st, and take Darius Heyward-Bey if he comes out for instance

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2451247 said:
Trading him isn't going to be easy at all for the Giants. The biggest reason is that he just signed a 5 year $35 million contract laced with a nice signing bonus. Unless the cap is abolished they will take a huge shot trading or releasing him.

Now if they are hurting to get rid of the guy then the best possible thing that could happen to the Giants is Burress getting suspended by the commish and them being able to arbitrarily let him go with no pay because of him going against the player conduct policy which is implemented in all the players contracts. This of course is if they want to get rid of him.

crap, I forgot about his new contract

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2451276 said:
crap, I forgot about his new contract

No biggie. It obviously complicates trading him but he did have a loaded gun, they are the champs and can't afford to have him destroy continuity. He may get suspended, who knows Harrison didn't but Harrison's situation never proved he was carrying a loaded gun around.

If Burress does get suspended the Giants could just release him without absorbing the rest of his contract I think because of the new conduct policy and also the new policy on teams carrying troubled players ad being punished for it. I think the way it works is that once the team loses a draft pick if they don't want to be at risk of losing more because f that player they can just cut him and nullifies the remainder of the contract. Remember, I think that's how it works, I'd love to see the policy as a whole.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
His contract won't be a problem IMO. He'll just have to renegotiate a new contract with the other club. That's what usually happens. The club taking a player has to absorb their contract but they usually renegotiate as both sides want things. As in his next contract will be laced with does and don'ts and what happens to let the club out of a bad situation. That is likely his penalty for screwing around with the Giants to get another big payday.

These guys aren't as stupid as you think. They do this to get all that money up front. The league and teams are tired of it and I suspect he'll either be one of the last to pull this crap or he could find himself on the outside looking in. The problem with the league blackballing him is all it takes is one team ready to be a scag.

Decleater101

Reaction score
I would think Coughlin might want to keep his yap shut around Burress, now that he know's he's "packin heat"! :eek:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
jobberone;2451303 said:
His contract won't be a problem IMO. He'll just have to renegotiate a new contract with the other club. That's what usually happens. The club taking a player has to absorb their contract but they usually renegotiate as both sides want things. As in his next contract will be laced with does and don'ts and what happens to let the club out of a bad situation. That is likely his penalty for screwing around with the Giants to get another big payday.

These guys aren't as stupid as you think. They do this to get all that money up front. The league and teams are tired of it and I suspect he'll either be one of the last to pull this crap or he could find himself on the outside looking in. The problem with the league blackballing him is all it takes is one team ready to be a scag.

Yah I know that the other club accepts his contract unless they re-structure it but remainder of the signing bonus accelerates and goes right into the salary cap that year the player is traded. So if Plax got a $12 million signing bonus over 5 years $2.4 million got absorbed in this years cap but next year they'd have to choke on the whole $9.6 million in 1 shot. That's a big chunk of change and that's why the new contract complicates trading Plax because he's only in his first year of it. Now if he got guaranteed money that wasn't in the form of a signing bonus this would make things easier trade wise. It was an extension so probably no signing bonus, just more guaranteed dough. You're probably right on Jobberone, his contract may not be a big issue after all since there is no signing bonus.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
It makes no sense.

Why would anyone trade for him? If the giants are willing to go forward without him they will just wait for him to be cut.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I honestly can't see anything giving up much for a buy about to go to jail.

The Panch

Reaction score
Sarge;2451148 said:
He's a top 10 WR in the league when healthy. Cancer or not, if they get rid of him, they're gettin' rid of a quality on the field WR.
I concur. And he's not going to Philly. The Giants are trying to get rid of a problem, not increase it by having to go against it twice a year.

And I doubt Plax is going anywhere. They tried that with Shockey and it worked cause they still had Plax to fall back on, but they have no fall back here. That receiving corp is filled with a bunch of #2's and #3's once you remove Cheddar Burress from that roster.