Speculation: Dak Deal To Be Finalized By End Of Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

817Gill

Reaction score
Contract expected to be worth 27-30 M annually.

*I’ll post the source as soon as I can get the link*

I told you guys once but half the forum chose to ignore all the things said by the Joneses and Dak.

“Oh but he should be paid 18M because he’s not a top 5 guy.”

“Oh well even qb’s in the top 10 aren’t paid 25+.”

“Franchise qbs get 23M.”

Those same guys who make 22 now will make 32 their next contract. It’s called a market. Understand it and get over it.

PS. If you think this is fake news you’re literally setting yourself up to be crushed. Just accept it now.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score

PS. If you think this is fake news you’re literally setting yourself up to be crushed. Just accept it now.
6Rf.gif

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Oh and there goes all our cap space this free agent period. Bargain bin shopping starts in 3 weeks.

LOL this place actually thought we'd get a discount for him.

We also have Cooper and Zeke's contracts coming up - and Zeke will probably hold out for his. I said in another thread, anyone think it would just be a "30 mil cap hit" a year is out of their mind. This is pricey as hell for the offense.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

I told you guys once but half the forum chose to ignore all the things said by the Joneses and Dak.

“Franchise qbs get 23M.”

Those same guys who make 22 now will make 32 their next contract. It’s called a market. Understand it and get over it.

What color is your hair troll

ksg811

Reaction score
Remember, any contract signed as an extension is added to his current $2.1MM deal. So for instance, a 5 year deal at the low end of $27MM annually, is actually a total of 6/137.1 for an annual value just under $23MM for cap purposes. Not saying whether I agree with the price or not, just providing some additional context.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lol I made a thread about him getting 25M and 80% of the responses had him getting paid south of 23M lol. It’s nice to be right and tell those who know less what reality is.
Curious to see what the guaranteed money is. Not surprised at all that he's getting paid though. The FO kind of made it clear

27-30 seems like a lot for a mid range QB, but the QB market is crazy. Is what it is

Last edited:

GenoT

Reaction score
I told you guys
Since Jerry Jones announced last month that Dak WILL be extended at the market-rate for franchise QBs, more than half the people on this forum (myself included) have been predicting Dak will most likely make between $26-$30mil, depending on bonus, guarantee and length/structure.

Your firm grasp of the obvious is rather quaint.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

“Franchise qbs get 23M.”

Just because it's happening doesn't mean it should or that many agree with it. It's stupid to do this on it's face but we have written stupid contracts for a long time so it's really not a surprise. He is not worth 30 million a year. He's not worth 22 IMO but if that's what happens, then I guess it happens. Just means that there is another player we will not be able to sign each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.