Speculation: Dak Deal To Be Finalized By End Of Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDank

Reaction score
I don’t dispute that we’ll sign him to 27m or so, but nothing has shown that the deal is imminent so far.

Is he worth it? Idk maybe he could be if he continues to develop and become a better QB as well as the continued uptick in market price. I’d say not right now but just like the price for Dlaw went up as we waited the same will happen with Dak if he plays well.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's the market, live with it. Today's overpayment is tomorrow's bargain. Because those Qbs behind him will leapfrog him when they're up.

The "market" is a silly answer. The "market" is different for players of all skill sets and rankings.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I already accepted we weren't moving on from Dak... I also accepted we won't see another Super Bowl for 20 more years... So this isn't exactly shocking if it is true.
Then you also need to expect that you’re ignorant when it comes to football.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy sounds connected.

To one of these at some clinic for sure for sure.....not even the Jones are so inept!

rBVaSluDx_uAC66dAAFXHxi0Uq4465.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t dispute that we’ll sign him to 27m or so, but nothing has shown that the deal is imminent so far.

Is he worth it? Idk maybe he could be if he continues to develop and become a better QB as well as the continued uptick in market price. I’d say not right now but just like the price for Dlaw went up as we waited the same will happen with Dak if he plays well.

As I said earlier, the devil will be in the details of whatever contract he signs. If it carries a lot of guaranteed money, I suspect the contract is going to raise the ire of some, but if it's only $27MM on average because of some backloaded, non-guaranteed money, the contract will be more palatable.

TheDank

Reaction score
As I said earlier, the devil will be in the details of whatever contract he signs. If it carries a lot of guaranteed money, I suspect the contract is going to raise the ire of some, but if it's only $27MM on average because of some backloaded, non-guaranteed money, the contract will be more palatable.
Agreed, that’s a fair point and probably the best option for Dallas is a larger overall number through incentives and a mid level guaranteed portion. It will definitely be an interesting contract to delve into.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Totally different position, but I recall fans going crazy over our last kicker’s contract until the nexts proved it was wise and ahead of the market.

I think, whatever they pay, is very wise before the contracts of Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes. The QB world will change dramatically in the next two years. Jones is smart to be ahead of it now rather than behind it later.

817Gill

Reaction score
Dan's been to the pro bowl 2 out of 3 seasons, been to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons, unquestioned team leader. No matter what you think. That s how qbs are paid.
Lol thank you. Every above average qb gets paid market value. From Kirk to Derek Carr to Jimmy G. None of which are considerably better or have done better than Dak in their careers. Again not saying good move or bad move, guys like us just try to help these folks understand simple market science.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Dan's been to the pro bowl 2 out of 3 seasons, been to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons, unquestioned team leader. No matter what you think. That s how qbs are paid.

Pro Bowl? Oy. And wasn't he a late addition to one of them because other QBs backed out?

He's a decent QB. Why pay him like an elite QB (assuming the numbers bandied about are accurate - we won't know for sure how bad this potential contract is until we see details)?

It's how teams end up with cap problems. They overpay for players.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Well, the only time we should believe a Jones is when he says they aren't really interested in FA. Stephen has already said that and I believe him. We'll blow the bank on players already here, then hit the bargain bin, because the status quo is the status quo. Has been for a very, very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.