Speculation from Carter on Zeke Investigation

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Double jeopardy only applies to felonies and only if a trial has been conducted and a ruling has been rendered.
A case can be dropped but reinstated given further evidence.

This is from an article from Stephen regarding the suspension in News Feed .........what got my attention the part below at says Goodell has brought in a panel of experts to advise him on how to handle this. When did this become THAT complicated? This is odd UNLESS the league is holding a smoking gun that we that public knows nothing about.

For the time being, though, Elliott and the Cowboys hang in limbo. There was a report that surfaced early Monday when Fox Sports 1 and Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter predicted that Elliott would be suspended within “the next 48 hours.”

The NFL and Jones dismissed that report as speculation.

The NFL says the matter is still being reviewed and commissioner Roger Goodell has brought on a panel of four experts to advise him in how to handle the situation.

But the Cowboys remain hopeful that Elliott will be cleared of any possible game suspension.

“Hopefully we’ll have Zeke for the full 16,” Jones said. “That’s what we’re counting on.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
well I mean the leader of the investigation is a die hard Giants fan with a shrine to Eli Manning in her house.....

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
If he is suspended, will the police open the case again? I mean they're gonna go to the NFL and say "Do you have something? show it to us".
Otherwise, how can you suspend someone because you don't like his behavior? Gronk should be suspended ages ago then

:cool:

aria

Reaction score
So first people complain about the lead investigatior being a Giants fan. Then people complain that it's really Mara. Then people complain that it's all Goodell. Now people complain that it's a panel.

Lol, you can't make this stuff up.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Cris Carter claiming he's spoken to sources close to Zeke investigation. Possible closure within 48 hours. Evidence allegedly destroyed by Zeke per Carter.
1310 The Ticket "Ticker" reporting this.

Please move to correct thread on Zeke drama if need be. Apologies, mods.

Sounds like Chris Carter is filling the Ved Turder void.

Sydla

Reaction score
Goodell's response was odd. My rambling thoughts on this are that for starters, I don't trust a thing he says. But then again, he pretty much said Carter is full of poop. He's going to look really bad if he goes out on a limb like that and then the punishment comes down and it's exactly what Carter said. Now, Goodell might not care what people think of him.

So who the hell knows.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Double jeopardy only applies to felonies and only if a trial has been conducted and a ruling has been rendered.
A case can be dropped but reinstated given further evidence.

Thanks for that clarification. I was using the term loosely as regards the police don't find it worth pursuing so the league should end it on that alone instead of this drug out suspense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Evidence destroyed by Zeke? Thats a new one.

I doubt it's true.
Was it 18 minutes of missing tape..

like in Watergate?

This is taking on the feel of a Kee Stone Cop movie.

Is anybody going to stop all this.?

This is our best player the NFL is about to suspend.

The league is killing itself by witch hunting Zeke.

Revenue sales will be affected from TV to souvenir shops to the eateries.

Only thing to go up out of this is liquor and pot sales while we all try to medicate to get thru it.

I'm bracing for a 4 game suspension reduced to 2 games just becuz.

I better stock up myself.