Speculation from Carter on Zeke Investigation

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Pure and utter speculation. There are journalistic standards for reporting rumors, but you have to have journalistic standards to begin with.

And ESPN will still wonder why their ratings plummet and their brand image is dreadful. Oh wait, they'll just blame it on racism.

YR
FS1 in this case.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Where they are messing up is putting themselves above the justice system.

If these guys aren't in any legal trouble then why suspend them?

I got a feeling that if they suspend Zeke then they are going to end up regretting it because they are going to get hit back with not punishing other players who did knucklehead things that didn't warrant a suspension.
Like the Giants kicker who only got 1 game?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
the only thing that could be deleted is what is on the phones memory chip. Pictures or something like that.
fad01b4ea7128aef45c34ae515409df5008ba746e83b26aefe8f35f0cb384c4f.jpg

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They better have hard proof-- or Zeke's likely to win an appeal which would set a new precedent for the NFLPA with Goodell and make the NFL look even worse than not issuing a suspension.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so damn tragic... they get egg on their face with the way they handled Ray Rice-- and now they have overcompensated so far the other way they are likely to get egg on their face for backing a potential witch hunt against Zeke.

Regardless-- looks like we are in for some entertainment this week

dgbg.gif

Bigdog

Reaction score
I think I read some where that if is suspended for the first two games,he can appeal which might take some time and would still be eligible for the games until his appeal goes thru.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
And if the police dropped the case, It be interesting if the NFL Police is able to get a warrant for those text. I would love it for the courts to say " were not wasting our resources for something so stupid"

13 months to investigate a simple domestic violence accusation that the police/courts dropped a long time ago is ridiculous. That club incident proved to be a farce. All it did was tell us how stories break these days and spread like wildfire over blatant lies. A few tweets from random nobodies saying Zeke was involved and it was headline news all day long. Until it was finally proved to be b.s. It's the day we live in today. Jarvis Landry of the Dolphins went through the same thing this weekend. Supposedly he was on tape beating his baby momma. Some janky Instagram account posted it and other sites ran with it. Then it came out all he did was block her entrance from the car so she couldn't get into his residence.

Yet these sites and sources have zero consequences when spreading lies and slander on a player's name. We all know those stories stick with them even if it was later proved to be false. Just as many think of Zeke as a woman beater and someone who goes to clubs and assaults guys. You even had many on here that morning trashing Zeke's name all because they ready some story that had zero substance.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I think I read some where that if is suspended for the first two games,he can appeal which might take some time and would still be eligible for the games until his appeal goes thru.

What committee hears the appeal? I know Goodell has the final say in all punishments handed down. If one is handed down, it's from him. Who can overrule his decision in the NFL?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
What committee hears the appeal? I know Goodell has the final say in all punishments handed down. If one is handed down, it's from him. Who can overrule his decision in the NFL?
I believe he hears the appeal unless they changed it. What a farce.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pure and utter speculation. There are journalistic standards for reporting rumors, but you have to have journalistic standards to begin with.

And ESPN will still wonder why their ratings plummet and their brand image is dreadful. Oh wait, they'll just blame it on racism.

YR

Cris Carter is a Fox analyst not ESPN