Spencer is better than Ellis IMO....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1905383 said:
It's hard to pass up on the sacks and forced fumbles since they are bigger plays. Spencer definitely moves around better and I think part of his problem was getting comfortable playing the stand up OLB spot because he looked more comfortable with his hand in the dirt. But rarely do I see a player who rushes far better with his hand in the dirt than standing up if they practice standing up after awhile.

YAKUZA

dont forget all the QB pressures, batted passes, and he is awesome when playing the run.

instead of saying who is better, why not just be happy we have both? why not be glad we have a ROH type veteran who is there to show Ware and Spencer the ropes and help them become great?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
we can't keep these one dimensional players anymore. ellis became an olb so that means from time to time he has to play coverage. #1 he's too big and slow for coverage and #2 he shows when he is playing coverage everytime before the snap. same with roy cause he is a run stopper and that's it. this isn't baseball where you can have a dh as a starter. we need linebackers and dbs who can both play the run and play coverage. spencer is our guy opposite of ware

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Biggems;1905394 said:
instead of saying who is better, why not just be happy we have both? why not be glad we have a ROH type veteran who is there to show Ware and Spencer the ropes and help them become great?

C'mon now, we can't do that. Sure we can easily afford both, but we all know that if a player doesn't have a big game in a Dallas loss than we must start talking aboug cutting him completely.

:rolleyes:

YAKUZA

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Biggems;1905157 said:
well i think your opinion smells of rotten eggs.

Ellis is far and away superior to Spencer. Ellis can stop the run, go into coverage, and rush the passer.

Spencer is merely a pass rusher right now. I love his potential and working with Ellis will do wonders for his game. But please, he isn't ready to be placed above Ellis.
This is an all around incredibly uninformed post. Ellis cannot cover. Spencer is far and away a better coverage backer than Ellis. And the biggest thing Spencer needs more work on right now is his passrush from a 2 point stance. He seems to still have trouble timing his rush. Ellis is clearly the better passrusher at this point. Basically you have everything backwards. Do you watch games?

Randy White

Reaction score
Clove;1905237 said:
I'm starting to wish we'd go back to the 4-3.

I don't.

If you noticed yesterday, and really throught the year, our pass rush becomes nearly invisible every time we go with the 4 linemen rotation. If we're going to do that, we need to have Ware rush from the 2 point stance position and not the 3 point stance.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
At the same time, I think not having the pressure of starting and being forced to produce right away may have helped him too. On the field, he had 2 good players to learn from.