Spencer

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Spencer has looked impressive to me all year. I really think he is going to be something special. It is surprising just how good he has looked considering he is a rookie - I feel that he has played better than even Ware did at this point in his rookie year.

Any thoughts?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i agree although ware was a manbeast against the bears. props to the rookie on his 1st official sack:bow:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
While he's not as fast as Ware (who is?), it looks like he has a lot of natual strength, especially in his hands. Seems like when gets his hands on a QB, they're going to go down.

Without focusing on him too much, it also seems like he's still tentative much of the time, which is to be expected. He'll only get better as he seems more things and gets more comfortable. I'd think he'd have a heck of a bull rush once he really trusts himself to totally cut loose.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He is playing better than Ware did in his rookie season, but he also has a much better team around him now than Ware did.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
He plays the run so, so well. I am really liking this pick more each game.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Ellis needs to get back so he can be Jim Jeffcoat to Spencer's Tony Tolbert.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1665966 said:
While he's not as fast as Ware (who is?), it looks like he has a lot of natual strength, especially in his hands. Seems like when gets his hands on a QB, they're going to go down.

Without focusing on him too much, it also seems like he's still tentative much of the time, which is to be expected. He'll only get better as he seems more things and gets more comfortable. I'd think he'd have a heck of a bull rush once he really trusts himself to totally cut loose.
I didn't really see him being tentative this game. I know what you're talking about and he has looked like that quite a bit. But during the 2nd half of the first two games and the entire game tonight, that's disappeared.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
spencer is indeed bringing it baby!!

the boys are making me feel good right about now!

jesusphreak

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1665958 said:
i agree although ware was a manbeast against the bears. props to the rookie on his 1st official sack:bow:

Yeah just want to make clear I am not saying that Spencer looks better than Ware this year, but rather that if you compare Ware's first 3 games in his rookie season and Spencer's first 3 games, Spencer has impressed me a little bit more (though both look great).

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1665966 said:

I agree... but the day will come, this season, when it clicks...

It will be Hell to pay at that point for opposing teams...

jbsg02

Reaction score
Spencer looks like he will be our OLB for the future, I will still be glad when Ellis is back for that oh-so-important depth.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I think Spencer is doing pretty well for a rookie. He's going to be a lot better by the time the 12th game rolls around. I'm beginning to forget Ellis, quite frankly...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
At this point, I'm happy to have 2 pass-rushers that are very young, these guys will grow together on this team, and terroize quarterbacks for the next 7 or 8 years.

Reaction score
I just want Ellis to get back so I can see some pass rush packages involving Ware, Spencer, and Ellis on the field. Phillips said he'd get them all on the field in training camp, but we've yet to see that. I'll bet we could get some pressure out of whatever package that might be. :star:

JPM

Reaction score
RomoIsBack;1666092 said:
two sacks already out of three games

He's only got 1 sicne the "sack" of Eli came on a 2 point try, but I was happy to him get his first last night on a stunt as well.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
There was another one he should have had against Eli, but Eli just tossed it away, which I thought was supposed to be intentional grounding.

He tried it again, Eli, on Sunday and it got picked. He does that crap a lot.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I am just happy to hear Spencer's name mentioned during the broadcast. Unlike last year's number one.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Given Ellis's injury, if we can get him back at 75% by November, then throw in Tank Johnson, we should have some good horses for that December stretch run this year!