Spencer

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He looks really good but I think Ware gets more attention which frees him up some..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spencer is coming along nicely. Looks like a very bright future indeed.

But to hear Madden say that we seem to be waiting for Ellis to return is a bit of a slam on Spencer I thought.

sago1

Reaction score
It's nice to finally see Ware with 2 sacks and Spencer with his first. Two good OLB who can pressure the QB is good. When Ellis returns, we should have 3 LBs who can bring the pressure and you better believe Phillips will find a way to have all 3 of them on the field at the same time. Ellis won't be sitting on the bench providing depth. He'll be out on the field helping Ware and Spencer bring it on.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
By the last half of the season Spencer should be really coming into his own. He's gotten better and better just in these three games.

Also, by the second half of the season, the whole team should be getting into Phillips scheme and really starting to play well.

Plus, by the second half of the season, we should have a healthy Newman, A healthy enough to play some Ellis, and Tank Johnson who is getting used to playing Phillips NT position.

You throw in a more experienced Spencer, a healthy Newman, plus Ellis and Tank to this defense and it should really cause some problems for opposing offenses.

FCBarca

Reaction score
I saw the D do some things this game that I hadn't seen in the first two games...Perhaps a result of Newman being in the lineup???

Liked the stunts, liked the play calling on Spencer's sack and liked seeing Ware not always rushing from a down position.

Nice work