*SPOILERS*The Walking Dead Season 4– First half of season

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
As far as 1 person running the tank... typically you need 2 people just to drive the tank (driver and a TC). But it IS possible to go with just one (driver obviously) but navigating can be difficult w/o a TC. I'm our track driver for our section at my unit so I've got a little bit of knowledge on the matter. Plus we're a Armored Recon unit so if I really wanted to I could go ask one of the Bradley operators how realistic (or unrealistic) that scene was, but I'm pretty sure I already know.

As far as operating the cannon... if the tank is stationary it's possible either the driver or TC can climb down and fire it. But if there's only 1 person in the tank (driver) then it simply cannot be fired while being driven.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1 man running a tank? as far as i know it takes at least 3, usually 4.

a few dozen zombies in a puddle of mud you can't drive around? lets drive back to the camp and not wonder who put those zombies in there.

in just one short week i can kill your leader, convert his brother, and sink the lead at the front of a dock in zombie fashion but hey, no one else will come see it. hell, the gov said they'd say he died on a raid.

i never saw hershel being killed. that actually pissed me the hell off cause it was a drama move, not something built to. but hey, done. but killing hershel is the same as daryl or rick to me. you just don't do it.

I'm not sure or should I say I didn't see any proof that there was only a single person in the tank. The explosion Daryl created, could have/probably would have killed other crewman.

The whole idea of the zombies stuck in the mud and the not driving around them was that it suddenly hit the Governor that it wouldn't matter where they drove– it was going to be filled with danger. So at that point he decided on making the prison his/their new home.

I'm not sure you have the time frame correct on what transpired when at the RV camp and how long it was before the Governor decided on taking the prison... There very well could have been a "time jump" in there... but regardless we don't know if it were a day, a week, a couple weeks or a couple months.

I liked the Herschel character but he's not the most important part of the story... That would be Rick.

If it weren't for the character who played Dale wanting off the show, Herschel was "dead-meat" at the farm.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
There are at least two in the tank.

image.png

Angus12

Reaction score
The whole idea of the zombies stuck in the mud and the not driving around them was that it suddenly hit the Governor that it wouldn't matter where they drove– it was going to be filled with danger. So at that point he decided on making the prison his/their new home.
That's exactly the way I took it, too.

As far as the tank, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that somebody could be shown what needed to be done as far as firing/being TC of the tank

Stryker44

Reaction score
I wonder if we will be encountering Negan & "Lucille" anytime soon.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I'm not sure or should I say I didn't see any proof that there was only a single person in the tank. The explosion Daryl created, could have/probably would have killed other crewman.

I'm not sure you have the time frame correct on what transpired when at the RV camp and how long it was before the Governor decided on taking the prison... There very well could have been a "time jump" in there... but regardless we don't know if it were a day, a week, a couple weeks or a couple months.

I liked the Herschel character but he's not the most important part of the story... That would be Rick.

If it weren't for the character who played Dale wanting off the show, Herschel was "dead-meat" at the farm.

1 man came flying out. setting up the tank, never happened. i put up suspension of disbelief cause i believe in it.

but when you take advantage of it - you're not writing. you're not direction and you damn sure count on the idiocy of an audience.

one person came flying out of the tank give me ANY other reason to think a 2nd person was there. i'm pissed lazy writers just lob **** on a wall. i want a story. i saw some other dude dressed as kid rock telling me i need to find another show.

maybe i do.

but that crap logic also means millions of cowboys fans need to find another team.

previous seasons built to an end goal. they picked an end target and they told a cohesive story to get there.

i don't know what director left. i don't know who came along.

i just know whoever drove this bus sucks.

if you enjoy it and wanna tell me it's time for me to find something else to watch, cool. but i came back here in a football forum (and no i won't talk football here ever again) cause this is where i could talk about the show with people i know. you want me to go away - blow me. i already did. you don't understand why i hold something classic to a higher standard, cool.

this season is crap on the wall.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Kirkland has said, I think more than once but could be wrong, that "The Walking Dead" could easily be titled "Rick's Story". Rick is the ONLY person, in my opinion, guaranteed not to be offed during this series run. Or if he is offed, it'll be the series ender. In my opinion.

The mid season show just blew me away - loved it. When Talking Dead came on, and what's-his-name, the host, kind of jokingly said that he was ready to counsel us over our grief, he was talking to ME.

As far as nitpicking the show, I won't do it. I enjoy it too much. Guess I'm one of the "idiots" in the audience being counted on :rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Kirkland has said, I think more than once but could be wrong, that "The Walking Dead" could easily be titled "Rick's Story". Rick is the ONLY person, in my opinion, guaranteed not to be offed during this series run. Or if he is offed, it'll be the series ender. In my opinion.

The mid season show just blew me away - loved it. When Talking Dead came on, and what's-his-name, the host, kind of jokingly said that he was ready to counsel us over our grief, he was talking to ME.

As far as nitpicking the show, I won't do it. I enjoy it too much. Guess I'm one of the "idiots" in the audience being counted on :rolleyes:

He has mentioned multiple times it's Rick's story. The biggest thing for the story, at all times, is how things effect Rick and who and what he's trying to protect. Rick is the one character that you can be assured isn't going anywhere unless the show is over. Absolutely everyone else is 100% open to be killed and very likely will be.

In fact in the last place I read in the comic the only people still alive from the original group was Rick, Andrea, and Carl. Everyone else, including Glenn and Maggie, were long dead by the last point I'd read.

Phoenix

Reaction score
In fact in the last place I read in the comic the only people still alive from the original group was Rick, Andrea, and Carl. Everyone else, including Glenn and Maggie, were long dead by the last point I'd read.

Andrea is still alive? Wow. Nice. I had read the first Compendium before, which I think were issues 1-48 if I remember right. Just ordered the 2nd Compendium a few days ago by happenstance, so I certainly look forward to catching up!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
He has mentioned multiple times it's Rick's story. The biggest thing for the story, at all times, is how things effect Rick and who and what he's trying to protect. Rick is the one character that you can be assured isn't going anywhere unless the show is over. Absolutely everyone else is 100% open to be killed and very likely will be.

Maggie and Sophia are still alive, just living with another group of survivors.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Andrea is still alive? Wow. Nice. I had read the first Compendium before, which I think were issues 1-48 if I remember right. Just ordered the 2nd Compendium a few days ago by happenstance, so I certainly look forward to catching up!

She was in the last ones I read. Her and Rick were together the last ones I read.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Maggie and Sophia are still alive, just living with another group of survivors.

Hmmm...for some reason I thought I remembered reading that Maggie dies pretty soon after coming to the prison. Maybe it was just the one sister that happens to. Been a while so you'll have to forgive my lack of memory on it. :)

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hmmm...for some reason I thought I remembered reading that Maggie dies pretty soon after coming to the prison. Maybe it was just the one sister that happens to. Been a while so you'll have to forgive my lack of memory on it. :)

If it wasn't for a friend who collects the series I would be oblivious to the entire thing, so I figured I would spread the info since I have it!

Phoenix

Reaction score
Just looked through my first compendium the other day, issues 1-48 collected. Nice timing....pretty much the final things that happen in it are the Governor getting killed, the tank crashing the prison gates down, Lori (!) dying, and I think Judith, not sure (Judy in the comics), and everybody hightailing it out, with Rick & Carl together...and Rick telling him to "don't look back" (at Lori getting blown in half)...which is why I think that line was kept for the TV show...I guess. So the first compendium pretty much ends right about where we actually are in the show.

As my second compendium just arrived, this is perfect timing going into February :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've avoided this thread because I wanted to watch the first half of the season all at one time.

First off why didn't Rick just shoot the governor when he had nothing but the sword in both hands?

I think the baby is still alive.

I also think Carroll and the guy Rick originally was living with in the 1st season will now come back into play.

I'm loving this season though but feel like this all could've happened last season and that they were just trying to squeeze out extra episodes with this season.

BTW, whats up with you guys talking about future spoilers from the comics?