Sports Fan Pet Peeves

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I started this topic way back on the DCMB. Thought it’d be fun to bring it back here and see what everyone can come up with. Here’s my list:

- Fans with multiple teams.
- Fans who complain about other fans referring to their team as “us” or “we”.
- Fans who proclaim the season is over after every loss.
- “Must-win” games that aren’t literally must-win games.
- Fans who tell other fans to “take it one game at a time”.
- Fans who preemptively claim a player is a bust.
- Fans who always think the backup is better than the starter.
- Fans who root for their team to do poorly if it benefits their fantasy team.
- Pessimists who claim to be “realists”.
- Fans who argue one player over another simply because “ringzzz”.
- Superstitious fans who believe in jinxes, curses, or luck in a supernatural sense.
- “Did this team win or did that team lose” debates.
- Fans who cheer injuries.
- Nostalgic fans who believe everything from their era was better and tougher.
- The “thug” label, as it’s almost always misused.
- The “shut up and play” fans who only want their athletes to play sports.
- Fans who leave early.
- Fans who blame the refs.
- Fans who complain about every call.
- Fans who think there’s a conspiracy against their team.
- Fans who insult and cuss at players at live games. Then, (bonus!) play the victim when they player checks them.
- Fans who act as if players aren’t allowed to complain about anything in life because they make a lot of money.
- Fans who claim someone else is a bandwagon fan simply because their team is doing well.
- Fans who poo-poo every good play with sarcastic remarks.
- Fans with sources.
- Fans who cant differentiate best player from best team.
- Fans who claim “that was a bad play call” based solely on the result.
- Fans who live by tired out clichés, such as “defense wins championships” or “they wanted it more”.
- Too-cool fans who criticize others for wearing jerseys.
- Fans who compare a player to another player obviously because of their race.
- Fans who say you don’t know the game if you disagree with their opinion.
- Fans who act as if everyone doubted their team when no one did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
only THING I can never understand is how a fan can support multiple teams equally. Never understood that mindset. It seems fake. I bleed Dallas blue ever since the early 70's. That won't ever change. Loyalty to ONE TEAM is truly a fanatic. ..ie a fan. I admire and appreciate that a whole lot more than a person who claims they have loyalty to several teams. Its just not very genuine IMO. Its a free country so hey,whatever..its just odd. I appreciate fans like Cowboyron...and northerncowboy(hope I got it right)...and erod...and ksk...and many MANY OTHERS on here who truly bleed blue. Yes we gripe,but in the end we stand by the team,good or bad. The bandwagoners are welcome,but they come and go.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I will say this...some games and other teams do intrigue me...like say The Titans or Broncos...and this year with Oakland with Chuckie..but that's all it is...passing curiosity.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I will say this...some games and other teams do intrigue me...like say The Titans or Broncos...and this year with Oakland with Chuckie..but that's all it is...passing curiosity.
Yeah, I think there’s a big difference between liking to watch other teams play — you’re a football fan, after all — and being a fan of multiple teams. I know one guy who’s a Packers & Rams fan and a girl who’s a Packers & Commanders fan. Die hard fans. It drives me crazy and I don’t understand it lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah, I think there’s a big difference between liking to watch other teams play — you’re a football fan, after all — and being a fan of multiple teams. I know one guy who’s a Packers & Rams fan and a girl who’s a Packers & Commanders fan. Die hard fans. It drives me crazy and I don’t understand it lol
you sound like you know my son and his friend ...lol Same teams etc.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lol that is funny. What do they do when their teams play each other. Hope for a tie? Be happy with whoever wins?
The last thing you said. My son loves Todd Gurley...and ANYTHING Packers. I keep telling him and his friends to be bold and pick 1 team and stick with them.They don't listen lol..teenagers lol.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wish this list was a bit shorter!!!!! Just too much.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll root for another team occasionally when the Cowboys aren't playing, but that's generally just to make the game more fun to watch. I do root for the Texans a bit, but they are a distant distant 2nd.

kskboys

Reaction score
There is pretty much a thread every week declaring that game a must win game. There really are no must win games until maybe 5 or 6 games in. And the real must win games don't start until maybe 4 games left or so.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lol that is funny. What do they do when their teams play each other. Hope for a tie? Be happy with whoever wins?

When I was a little kid I remember liking the Rams and Saints uniforms and would root for them to win. But if they played the Cowboys there was nothing nice about them at all.