Sports media is more upset than Cowboys Fans over no Dak Extension

Jkyle

Reaction score
It's funny watching Sports Media/Pundits complain about the Cowboys not signing Dak to an extension while Cowboys Fans aren't nearly as upset.
The media are to simplistic in their feelings that Jerry should just resign Dak.
But what they don't mention is that would require the Cowboys paying over $50 Million Dollars per year with over $100 million guaranteed.
The main issue is, Fans are very disenchanted with Dak and the lack of Playoff success he's had.
If he doesn't change that this year, the Fans will be done with him. And Jerry knows that. He doesn't want to be tied to having that humongous Cap hit over his head, and a ticked off fanbase, if he wanted to get rid of Dak after this season.
I think he's resigned to letting his current deal ride and if Dak does have some playoff success, then he will be willing to extend him and the Fans will likely agree.
But if he doesn't, the fans will be ready to move on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
its called the cowboys. if you have nothing to talk about, then just talk cowboys. doesn't matter which side you take, just take a side and talk about it. it generates interest and response.

just see you and me already talking about it....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's funny watching Sports Media/Pundits complain about the Cowboys not signing Dak to an extension while Cowboys Fans aren't nearly as upset.
The media are to simplistic in their feelings that Jerry should just resign Dak.
But what they don't mention is that would require the Cowboys paying over $50 Million Dollars per year with over $100 million guaranteed.
The main issue is, Fans are very disenchanted with Dak and the lack of Playoff success he's had.
If he doesn't change that this year, the Fans will be done with him. And Jerry knows that. He doesn't want to be tied to having that humongous Cap hit over his head, and a ticked off fanbase, if he wanted to get rid of Dak after this season.
I think he's resigned to letting his current deal ride and if Dak does have some playoff success, then he will be willing to extend him and the Fans will likely agree.
Man I got news for you….Jerry doesn’t give a damn about what the fans think lol.

Because the fans are upset they did nothing this offseason. People are more pissed we didn’t try to improve the team than not signing Dak. Yet what did he do? Nothing. He didn’t even re-sign Lamb.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's stock has fallen considerably and this is no surprise.
Yes, there are the die-hard Dak zombies out there(Long live the DAK ATTACK site :muttley: ) , but any reasonable Cowboy fan knows giving Dak an extension is throwing good money after bad!
R.I.P. Dak, enjoy your last season in a job you are tremendously underqualified for and it showed big time!
P.S. Hey Dak can't play the Giants every week you know what I'm saying bud................

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
he has this GREAT year, boom we're back at square one in negotiating, and giving him a huge deal!

jujoboys

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys weren't going to be active in free agency then there really isn't any rush to work out a deal with Dak. It's not like Dak is offering a discount for them signing him early. Unfortunately I think a deal still gets done with Dak prior to the season. I would love to see both Dallas and Dak agree to let him be shopped for a trade prior to the draft but that is looking like a pipe dream at this point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are what stirs their pot. No Cowboys news is bad for business.

khiladi

Reaction score
The “media” is ex-players many of them paid behind the scenes by agents that develop brand. You don’t think France and agency are calling guys before they go live? They want to see the market go up for players too.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
More concerning is sports media is more upset about no extension for Prescott than Prescott.

Brax

Reaction score
Man I got news for you….Jerry doesn’t give a damn about what the fans think lol.

Because the fans are upset they did nothing this offseason. People are more pissed we didn’t try to improve the team than not signing Dak. Yet what did he do? Nothing. He didn’t even re-sign Lamb.
Jerry be the king and fans are money machines. Don’t worry Jerry getting ready to fill all those holes in the draft

bigE79

Reaction score
Most fans are already ready to move on

baltcowboy

Reaction score
its called the cowboys. if you have nothing to talk about, then just talk cowboys. doesn't matter which side you take, just take a side and talk about it. it generates interest and response.

just see you and me already talking about it....
When the Cowboys sign him the national media will say he is overpaid. Cowturd is saying the Cowboys should replace him with 2nd round quarterback this season.

DickWhitman

Reaction score
Will be so depressed when JJ extends Dak for a king's ransom. Lunacy. Salary cap killer. At least ol' Dak will be happy! That should send a thrill up all our legs...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not exactly. That is how you feel about Dak.

Creeper

Reaction score
The media never has to worry about accountability for their opinions. Sign Dak, not sign Dak, either way, they will blame Jerry if it goes wrong, even if they supported Jerry's decision when he had to make it.

Same with fans, hate Dak, love Dak, if they were wrong at the time, they just move on to the next controversy not having to accept accountability for their opinion.

At the end of the day, only Jerry and his crew have to worry about consequences. For them, if they make the wrong decision they have no one else to blame. Jerry can't say "the media made me do it!"

It is so easy for pundits. But where the Cowboys are now is not an easy place to be. IMO, Jerry put himself in this mess when he signed Dak to his current contract. 4 years? No trade? He had to know this day was coming. To me the most egregious aspect of Dak's contract was the length. If Dak got 40 million for 6 or more years it would have been a good deal for the Cowboys. but 4 years goes quickly and here we are already and Dak appears to be asking for a 50% raise. $60 million makes it really hard for Dallas to manage their CAP because you know they want to load the back end to get CAP relief now. But do that puts as much as $90 million in the last year of the deal and I just do not see how any team could take that CAP hit in one year.

It is easy to say get the deal done, but they have no idea what that deal entails now or in the future.

The only fault it give Jerry is that the deal was not done already, one way or the other. Jerry should know by now whether he will re-sign Dak or not, and if not, then force a trade and move on.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The media never has to worry about accountability for their opinions. Sign Dak, not sign Dak, either way, they will blame Jerry if it goes wrong, even if they supported Jerry's decision when he had to make it.

Same with fans, hate Dak, love Dak, if they were wrong at the time, they just move on to the next controversy not having to accept accountability for their opinion.

At the end of the day, only Jerry and his crew have to worry about consequences. For them, if they make the wrong decision they have no one else to blame. Jerry can't say "the media made me do it!"

It is so easy for pundits. But where the Cowboys are now is not an easy place to be. IMO, Jerry put himself in this mess when he signed Dak to his current contract. 4 years? No trade? He had to know this day was coming. To me the most egregious aspect of Dak's contract was the length. If Dak got 40 million for 6 or more years it would have been a good deal for the Cowboys. but 4 years goes quickly and here we are already and Dak appears to be asking for a 50% raise. $60 million makes it really hard for Dallas to manage their CAP because you know they want to load the back end to get CAP relief now. But do that puts as much as $90 million in the last year of the deal and I just do not see how any team could take that CAP hit in one year.

It is easy to say get the deal done, but they have no idea what that deal entails now or in the future.

The only fault it give Jerry is that the deal was not done already, one way or the other. Jerry should know by now whether he will re-sign Dak or not, and if not, then force a trade and move on.
I dont know it sounded an awful lot like Jerry was deflecting the blame in the PC when he said "We won the offseason last year" like things were Rosie the 27 years prior...