Sports media is more upset than Cowboys Fans over no Dak Extension

Jipper

Reaction score
dont sign dak, its pissing off the media outlets and getting them to talk more about the cowboys! Thats what Jerry wants!!!!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well then Dak should request a trade and the media will see exactly what he's worth!!
I cannot wait to see how this works out. :flagwave:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well then Dak should request a trade and the media will see exactly what he's worth!!
I cannot wait to see how this works out. :flagwave:
Absolutely no reason for Dak to request a trade at this time.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely no reason for Dak to request a trade at this time.
What if Trey looks much better than Dak in OTAs and camp.
Then Daks stock drops rapidly, (if thats possible) so wouldn't he be better off securing a deal before that?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Then Daks stock drops rapidly, (if thats possible) so wouldn't he be better off securing a deal before that?
If I am Dak. I have enough money. I want a fair deal. I don't need to break the bank. However, I want to be on a team that has playoff aspirations.

If he gets traded, his new team will be down several draft picks, which would only hurt his future team.

I would rather wait and become a FA, where I could balance my contract with potential playoff teams, and then pick my best combination.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It's funny watching Sports Media/Pundits complain about the Cowboys not signing Dak to an extension while Cowboys Fans aren't nearly as upset.
The media are to simplistic in their feelings that Jerry should just resign Dak.
But what they don't mention is that would require the Cowboys paying over $50 Million Dollars per year with over $100 million guaranteed.
The main issue is, Fans are very disenchanted with Dak and the lack of Playoff success he's had.
If he doesn't change that this year, the Fans will be done with him. And Jerry knows that. He doesn't want to be tied to having that humongous Cap hit over his head, and a ticked off fanbase, if he wanted to get rid of Dak after this season.
I think he's resigned to letting his current deal ride and if Dak does have some playoff success, then he will be willing to extend him and the Fans will likely agree.
But if he doesn't, the fans will be ready to move on.
Well media earns money with viewers. So they usually try to hit the nerve of people (so they have a lot viewers).

If they dont, like you said, it will be more interessting to watch how quick they adjust their approach. Maybe next week they will say its a good thing to not have an extension ready for him.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I am Dak. I have enough money. I want a fair deal. I don't need to break the bank. However, I want to be on a team that has playoff aspirations.

If he gets traded, his new team will be down several draft picks, which would only hurt his future team.

I would rather wait and become a FA, where I could balance my contract with potential playoff teams, and then pick my best combination.
Really? How many pick do you think he'd fetch?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Really? How many pick do you think he'd fetch?
This late, not as many as he would have at the beginning of the off season. Most teams have already made their moves and or waiting for the draft.

Staubacher

Reaction score
The “media” is ex-players many of them paid behind the scenes by agents that develop brand. You don’t think France and agency are calling guys before they go live? They want to see the market go up for players too.
Yup. Dak has always been a media darling. Coddled since Year 1. I laugh at the stans that act like he is so picked on and a victim

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That doesn't matter. They aren't competing for the QB1 job. Trey is competing with Cooper for the QB2 job.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What if a vendor selling popcorn looks better than Trance holding a clipboard for $20 an hour?