Oh, here is one.
Rowdy being gone from the stadium this year did not help lift the jinx. :lmao:

But there were the injuries.
Still a jinx in my book!

And not the desirable type!
giphy.gif

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
but does he pay for the advertising or is it given to him gratis. i suspect he pays for it. jerry made pepsi the official drink of the dallas cowboys after buying the team even though the league backed coke as the official drink of the nfl. ergo, i'd say it was coincidence.
And you could be completely correct. Everything could be coincidence and completely innocent. There is no way to prove any foul play, but thats how it would have to be in order for the league to not step in. Just knowing the amount of corruption in this world I would be completely shocked if we didnt have some "You help us out, and we will take care of you on the back end" type of deals when we talk about NFL contracts.

DFWJC

Reaction score
hate to tell you but you have no idea what you are talking about here, Dallas has actually been one of the very best at extracting value out of where they draft...it’s not all about pro bowl it’s about getting the most you can with the draft capital you have...I will say we have been very bad with free agency though...check out the article below it might help you see a different pov

and btw...Dallas is 2nd in the most pro bowlers drafted in the last decade...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/nfl-drafting-efficiency-2010-2019
I think you misunderstood his post.
He agrees with you

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
One of the definitions of a myth is a widely held but false belief or idea. We fans are all at least occasionally guilty of believing in sports myths- things that are based more on hope than reality for things we deeply want to believe. Sports myths often blind us as fans to sports reality.

Here are some commonly held fan sports myths we often see:
  • Popular former players with no coaching experience can immediately become an offensive or defensive coordinator or even head coach. Example: Tony Romo’s good work as a TV analyst doesn’t mean he is immediately qualified to be an offensive coordinator with zero coaching experience. Being an effective coordinator in the NFL is much harder than it looks. It’s requires at least some prior coaching experience.
  • Team friendly” contracts for players we want to see stay in Dallas for less money than they could get on the market. Examples: Dak Prescott should forego what the market says a QB is worth and settle for less money to help the team. Or any other Cowboys veteran who is about to need a new contract. Thinking a player should sacrifice their market value to stay with the home team is unfair to the players whose ability to make top sports dollars is extremely brief.
  • Great players can mentor or teach younger players how to be like them. Athletic greatness is very difficult to teach at this level. And great players rarely make great coaches. Many great coaches on the other hand were often not themselves among the greatest players. Probably because they had to work harder at being successful on the field, they are better at teaching that than those whose greatness was easier.
  • The refs and the rest of the NFL are out to get us every week as a part of a grand conspiracy- I will just leave it at that. It still amazes me how many people believe this. Sure we get bad calls. But bad calls are pretty much “equal opportunity” in the NFL.
What are some other sports myths commonly held?

The NFL is rigged. They fix games to produce desired outcomes. :muttley:

I have no idea why anyone who actually believes that would bother watching games, much less have a favorite team, but I see it time and again. Strangely, it seems to only benefit teams we hate. Go figure.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
One of the definitions of a myth is a widely held but false belief or idea. We fans are all at least occasionally guilty of believing in sports myths- things that are based more on hope than reality for things we deeply want to believe. Sports myths often blind us as fans to sports reality.

• Popular former players with no coaching experience can immediately become an offensive or defensive coordinator or even head coach. Example: Tony Romo’s good work as a TV analyst doesn’t mean he is immediately qualified to be an offensive coordinator with zero coaching experience. Being an effective coordinator in the NFL is much harder than it looks. It’s requires at least some prior coaching experience.
  • Team friendly” contracts for players we want to see stay in Dallas for less money than they could get on the market. Examples: Dak Prescott should forego what the market says a QB is worth and settle for less money to help the team. Or any other Cowboys veteran who is about to need a new contract. Thinking a player should sacrifice their market value to stay with the home team is unfair to the players whose ability to make top sports dollars is extremely brief.
  • Great players can mentor or teach younger players how to be like them. Athletic greatness is very difficult to teach at this level. And great players rarely make great coaches. Many great coaches on the other hand were often not themselves among the greatest players. Probably because they had to work harder at being successful on the field, they are better at teaching that than those whose greatness was easier.
  • The refs and the rest of the NFL are out to get us every week as a part of a grand conspiracy- I will just leave it at that. It still amazes me how many people believe this. Sure we get bad calls. But bad calls are pretty much “equal opportunity” in the NFL.
Good ones Bob ! Thanks for sharing.

morat1959

Reaction score
The biggest myth in the history of all sports is the Cowboys will will another Super Bowl with JJ large and in charge.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest myth in the history of all sports is the Cowboys will will another Super Bowl with JJ large and in charge.
I think a myth the Jones boys buy into is winning a SB is as much luck as skill. They believe sooner or later they will roll boxcars at the craps table.

kskboys

Reaction score
"Shuts down half the field."

No CB in the history of the NFL shuts down half the field. That's quite simply an exaggeration to make a point that a player has great range.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly. Not my money, so not concerned.
Fans get too wrapped up in...well can't afford this player or that player. That itself is a myth.

So the next MYTH
Teams can't afford surrounding talent of a high paid QB and other players.
The cap works itself out, teams, if managed well, can find ways and can overcome this. Which is also where coaching comes in.
Fans act as if it is hurting their own bank account.
History shows the exact opposite of what you're claiming!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

:clap:

kskboys

Reaction score

Mahomes just signed a team friendly contract. W/o that contract, Chris Jones is gone. Sooooo, I guess I have to have one of my very rare disagreements w/ you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Shuts down half the field."

No CB in the history of the NFL shuts down half the field. That's quite simply an exaggeration to make a point that a player has great range.
I love this example because the myth of the “shut down corner” is not only obsolete, (it was never true) it can’t happen anymore because of the way the passing game has evolved. With the empty backfield sets being thrown out there, even Deion Sanders wouldn’t be seen as a “shut down” anything. What’s needed in today’s game are guys who can cover multiple positions- slot WRs, RBs, TEs, etc.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Mahomes just signed a team friendly contract. W/o that contract, Chris Jones is gone. Sooooo, I guess I have to have one of my very rare disagreements w/ you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the largest contract in NFL history. Maybe there's some "team friendly" structuring, but it's not like he took less than market value.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's the largest contract in NFL history. Maybe there's some "team friendly" structuring, but it's not like he took less than market value.
I think the part of the team friendly things of Mahomes’ deal was KC was smart about how early they approached him. They probably saved millions by signing him right after that SB win because if he wins another one this year, the price would be even higher. IMO- That’s the team friendly piece of it, not the total amount which was still great for PM.