Video: Sports Science: Weeden takes out clay pigeons

black label

Reaction score
exceptional.gif

ShiningStar

Reaction score
all this stuff is nice, but it doesnt mean it will be done on the field. this is the same problem scientists have, they just look for the things that work, not all the practical factors that go along with it. Weeden is an expectional QB. Unless hes on the field. Hes also a wonderful qb, just not in a game. Tons of factors that dont come into play until you have to do it on the field.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Found this on the Patriots forum. I thought it was funny and interesting. He does have a fast ball and an accurate arm. Too bad he doens't have a fast brain.

Impressive but, as the great Bruce Lee once said, "Boards don't fight back." In this case it would be clay pigeons. :p

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
so he needs quick routes I don't see what the issue is getting him to get the ball out really quick plan to his strengths

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or as Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan until they get hit".

Yes, he might be great if there was not chance of getting hit. He seems to really be scared of the pass rush.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The video is impressive but it only proves he can throw an accurate bullet. If a little more finesse is required to get the ball to a receiver, "WeDone" has proven time and time again he can not make that throw under pressure.

Junglist

Reaction score
all this stuff is nice, but it doesnt mean it will be done on the field. this is the same problem scientists have, they just look for the things that work, not all the practical factors that go along with it. Weeden is an expectional QB. Unless hes on the field. Hes also a wonderful qb, just not in a game. Tons of factors that dont come into play until you have to do it on the field.

Yeah, uh....we all know this.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Found this on the Patriots forum. I thought it was funny and interesting. He does have a fast ball and an accurate arm. Too bad he doens't have a fast brain.

If you put him in 4 and 5 wide sets out of shotgun I think there is potential to see a better passing game with him.

This is what made him a first round pick.. The spread offense.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Weeden's problem is he doesn't believe in himself. Although he doesn't process as quickly or as well as great quarterbacks he has enough talent to win games but unfortunately he plays with fear instead of being fearless and it's evident when he's forced to make plays at the end of games - he's shown he can do it.

Get back, look the single high safety off and throw a deep ball with one on one coverage - just do it. The receivers are paid to make plays too. Honestly, I have no problems with an INT that was thrown downfield against single coverage but I hate dumping off on 3rd & 7 for 4 yards because it's not like our defense is going to win us games right now.

I think he'll play pretty well this weekend, the defense will be better and at the end of the day there will be signs of hope for all of us.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If you put him in 4 and 5 wide sets out of shotgun I think there is potential to see a better passing game with him.

This is what made him a first round pick.. The spread offense.

Agreed. Surprised they have not run more spread with Weeden.