Spotrac's projected QB extensions based on calculated market value; What is Dak's?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Not sure what I need to "back up" as I stated my opinion which is based on what I have seen and read the last few years.
I already wrote it: You said that other positions went up in % of the cap. And the way you put it in a massive way.

And the way you wrote it wasnt an opinion. You wrote it as it is a fact. It was a main part of your argumentation.

Now our are arguing like you dont know what this is all about because you are only posting your opinion. Let me guess: you are a lawyer in real live.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Winning football games starts with the FO decisions. We are at a disadvantage from day 1. If their was a GM Ranking we would be lucky to be in the top 20.
Your avoiding my question. You wrote that i am basically asking for something..

Where do you get that from ? Link post please.
And what i am asking for exactly ? Link post please.

Findanny

Reaction score
What I think the NFL should do is, not count the QBs salary against the cap. I mean, it’s getting outrageous what they are getting paid these days, and it’s only going to get even higher.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I already wrote it: You said that other positions went up in % of the cap. And the way you put it in a massive way.

And the way you wrote it wasnt an opinion. You wrote it as it is a fact. It was a main part of your argumentation.

Now our are arguing like you dont know what this is all about because you are only posting your opinion. Let me guess: you are a lawyer in real live.
I like to think people are being genuine when they reply to my posts, but I can see now based on your comments that you simply disagree and want to argue about it.

Unlike most people, I have no desire to prove anyone wrong nor do I care to change anyone's mind. If you disagree, that's great. Online discussions would be boring if everyone agreed.

I shared my opinion and you replied but seemed to misunderstand what I said, so I clarified.

As for examples of what I am talking about, you can read this article I found with a simple Google search:
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfls-highest-paid-players-position-130151176.html

It shows Nick Bosa averaging $34 million per year (13.3% of the new expanded 2024 salary cap), AJ Brown averaging $32 million per year (12.5% of cap), Chris Jones averaging $31 million per year (12%) and those are just the highest paid at their position currently.

The Cowboys are about to give new contracts to Parsons and Lamb that are likely going to be around those numbers, if not higher.

I think players should get the most money they can, but I also think teams need to be smarter about how they manage their salary cap by avoiding tying of a lot of their salary cap on one or two players.

That is my opinion though and you are free to have your own. Since we are all just fans here, it's not like it really matters what any of us think.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What I think the NFL should do is, not count the QBs salary against the cap. I mean, it’s getting outrageous what they are getting paid these days, and it’s only going to get even higher.
How would that balance out the league? So the team with the best QB has the same amount of money to spend as the team worth the worst QB?

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Your opinion is ok. But you have a lot of prejustice and no arguments to show.

Unregulated markets are always the death for competition (see us market for example). Only the rich are getting richer off of those circumstances. that cant be compensated by good Management. That doesnt mean that our fo isnt the real problem.

And btw the cap by itself is already a Regulation that is mandated by the league.
Glad my opinion is ok with you,
What is prejustice? Prejudice? Yes I’m prejudiced against moron front offices that don’t know how to manage a cap, so I don’t want a QB specific cap, as being advocated for by AC.

For the record unregulated markets are not the death of competition, free markets drive competition and innovation more than anything.