Spreadsheet from 20 draft grades and ranked cumulative average gpa for each team

MikeT22

Reaction score

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How you grade the draft depends what your goals are.

Grade A-B if your goal was to aquire developmental players with NFL physical traits who may not be plug and play starters right away.

Grade F if your goal was to bring in 2-3 guys who can step in and help this team win right away.

What they did was aquire replacements for Martin, DLaw, and maybe steele. Freeing up big money to extend other players.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

This is what you end up with when you don't employee a real GM! The Eagle GM just ran circles around the Cowboy's Three Stooges with great picks and FA signings. Whereas the Cowboys signed another two FA TEs, Why, when they need RBs..............................

Jarntt

Reaction score

How many of those "experts" watched enough tape on ALL of our picks to make an informed decisions as compared to writing down before the draft we needed RB and looked up at the end and decided we had a bad draft. The only thing more meaningless than mock drafts are the people who use them as a basis to grade drafts...

Chasing6

Reaction score
How many of those "experts" watched enough tape on ALL of our picks to make an informed decisions as compared to writing down before the draft we needed RB and looked up at the end and decided we had a bad draft. The only thing more meaningless than mock drafts are the people who use them as a basis to grade drafts...
Explain how not drafting a RB makes a bad draft?

You grade the picks that were drafted. Period.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Explain how not drafting a RB makes a bad draft?

You grade the picks that were drafted. Period.
Do you watch people who grade drafts and read anything and I mean ANYTHING that they say? Ask them, not me

Chasing6

Reaction score
Do you watch people who grade drafts and read anything and I mean ANYTHING that they say? Ask them, not me
I don't really care what they have to say about picks that were not drafted.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Pittsburgh is the consensus #1? They drafted Fautanu and Zach Frazier, two great players for Pittsburgh's draft position, we drafted Tyler Guyton and Cooper Beebe.
After that they have Payton Wilson (love his play) and Roman Wilson. Payton has had two ACL's and Two Shoulder Rotator cuff surgeries. Roman is just ok.
We drafted Marshawn Kneeland, Marist Liafu, Cealen Carlson, Nathan Thomas, Justin Rodgers, they got nothing above our draft, I like ours better.

Pittsburgh #1 , Dallas #26?

Haters going to hate :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Its the usual hype… same with eagles sooooo much hype until those players start underperforming…

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not bad...I worked my way through college 184 hours in 4 years, no loans or aid...Graduated at 21, but my GPA wasn’t as good as our draft grade......made a great living and retired at 50. Go Cowboys!

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Do a search on Redrafting x Draft. It’s very interesting how vastly different any year is. That’s why these grades are so ridiculous.
Good point. This "expert" says that, this group says that - how are you suppose to know who to believe anyway, lol.
You can judge a draft after a couple years of actually playing games in the NFL. As far as I know, no real games have been played since the draft - hell they haven't even even had a practice since then have they - LOL.

CWR

Reaction score
Giving us D's for not taking a rb is stupid. Grade who we took. Yeah we should've gotten a rb, but that doesn't make the players we took any worse.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Giving us D's for not taking a rb is stupid. Grade who we took. Yeah we should've gotten a rb, but that doesn't make the players we took any worse.
Niners got a nice RB in the 4th. Just sayin.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Niners got a nice RB in the 4th. Just sayin.
Yeah we're stupid for not prioritizing a rb when we have a room full of jags, but I think you have to grade the players we took. Jmo.

My overall off season grade is an F. If I discover this was only a piece of a larger more fluent plan ill change my grade. Competent forward thinking isn't a quality I've seen this FO demonstrate.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah we're stupid for not prioritizing a rb when we have a room full of jags, but I think you have to grade the players we took. Jmo.

My overall off season grade is an F. If I discover this was only a piece of a larger more fluent plan ill change my grade. Competent forward thinking isn't a quality I've seen this FO demonstrate.
I agree. It started for me with our mid season trade for a player that will never touch the field.