Springs out, Portis doubtful for week one

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Now that just made my pillow softer tonight.:D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rumph has actually been serviceable for them in Springs' absence. Portis is the key for them. If he can't go, then they will struggle mightily. Betts is also banged up.

Smashmouth24

Reaction score
dmq said:

If this means you're taking comfort in injuries sustained by two pretty good NFL players, you're an embarassment.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Smashmouth24 said:
If this means you're taking comfort in injuries sustained by two pretty good NFL players, you're an embarassment.
I think he's just relieved that Springs is taking his rehab seriously and making sure he's fully recovered before coming back. ;)

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
I'm real eager to see them got dominated by the Vikes and all of their "don't worry it's only preseason" talk turns to "oh crap!" . Then, in week #2 we'll have the pleasure of pushing all of them over the brink into full scale panic mode.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Smashmouth24 said:

I second that. Anyone who wishes injury on another player is a jerk.

Injuries water down the nfl and the accomplishments.

There is no easy way out when it comes to competition, you must compete every week and to be the last man standing you are going to have to play the best talent and beat them. Thinking you are better because you beat an injury depleted team is false and your accomplishments are without merit.

I say keep the whole league healthy and may the best team win.

Injuries suck, especially after all the planning and signing and drafting that goes on in the league, it throws off everything.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Smashmouth24 said:

I don't think they are life-threatening, or career-threatening. I, therefore, am not going to miss any sleep over it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smashmouth24 said:

Or it could be his way of saying he thinks Springs is such a good player it will make him sleep better knowing he will not be on the field.

Sad or not, whether he believes it or not, IMO Springs is clearly the best player on that defense WHEN HEALTHY.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Or it could be his way of saying he things Springs is such a good player it will make him sleep better knowing he will not be on the field.

Sad or not, whether he believes it or not, IMO Springs is clearly the best player on that defense WHEN HEALTHY.

Thank you.

I wasn't going to say it. It does feel a bit relieving to know that he's not going to be on the field.

The fact that he'll be fine doesn't make me worry.

K-DOGG

Reaction score
I hope Rumph is still starting in week 2! I have watched him for years with the 49ers and he is Toast waiting to be buttered!!!!!!!:laugh2:

MossBurner

Reaction score
dmq said:

Classless dog. I actually love it when guys like you perpetuate the stereotype. You should be ashamed.

MossBurner

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Or it could be his way of saying he thinks Springs is such a good player it will make him sleep better knowing he will not be on the field.

1. Sean Taylor

GAP

2. Marcus Washington

3. Shawn Springs

Reaction score
I don't wish injuries on anyone. Springs has been hurt alot in his career and luckly for the Skins he's been pretty much healthy for them don't be surprise he and Moss (who's been nicked up alot) return to their form before they change teams. Karma has a way of paying back the classless

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
1. Sean Taylor

GAP

2. Marcus Washington

3. Shawn Springs

I've seen some of their fans mention that DT Cornelius Griffin is a major factor too. I thought I read he was dinged up as well.