Sproles avoiding OTAs after Eagles fielded trade calls

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sproles has been slowing down. No thanks. It's just a matter of time before he is useless and it wouldn't surprise me if he has nothing left either this year or the next.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sproles has been slowing down. No thanks. It's just a matter of time before he is useless and it wouldn't surprise me if he has nothing left either this year or the next.

I love this.

He is better now than what we have at 3rd down back or in the return game. But oh no, we'll have none of that

He is not getting traded so it is kind of a dumb question. But these responses make me laugh.

Reactions: BAT

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I love this.

He is better now than what we have at 3rd down back or in the return game. But oh no, we'll have none of that

He is not getting traded so it is kind of a dumb question. But these responses make me laugh.

Oh come on.. Have you seen the guy play recently? He's slowing down rapidly and his production just isn't there.

Also, Jason Garrett doesn't know how to use a player like this. He'd be a total waste.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh come on.. Have you seen the guy play recently? He's slowing down rapidly and his production just isn't there.

Also, Jason Garrett doesn't know how to use a player like this. He'd be a total waste.

Did any of their RBs do well last year. Not saying he has not lost some but they were a mess last year.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I love this.

In the return game, sure...as a punt returner.

As a 3rd down back the only thing he has over Dunbar is his durability.

YR

wileedog

Reaction score

YR

He's a better punt returner than Lucky Whitehead by a lot. And if he can easily replace Dunbar than why not? Depending on price of course.

DTown214

Reaction score
If we already didn't have three starting caliber running backs, then sure. I actually really like Sproles but there's just no need for him here. And honestly Dunbar might be a better version of him at this point in their careers.

Alexander

Reaction score

YR

You see, this amazes me.

Just read what he wrote.

And try to process it.

If you agree, seek professional help.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
You see, this amazes me.

Just read what he wrote.

And try to process it.

If you agree, seek professional help.

One has had caught 87% of the passes thrown his way for an average of 11.1 yards per catch in the past 2 seasons.

One has caught 66% of their passes for an average of 8.2 yards per catch in the past 2 seasons.

Guess which one is which?

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He's a better punt returner than Lucky Whitehead by a lot. And if he can easily replace Dunbar than why not? Depending on price of course.

He's old, he's small (more likely to get injured), he's not exactly cheap. He's not a better kick returner than Whitehead who is far younger and cheaper. And you would hope that would translate to Whitehead being a better punt returner as he gains more experience.

And like I said, as a 3rd down back...he wasn't better than Dunbar last year. Not even close. The only thing he has over Dunbar at this point in time is that Dunbar hasn't stayed healthy. Dunbar is a FAR better receiver than Sproles.

YR

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I love this.

Because he is a progress stopper of course. Gotta love that bit of dogma.

Alexander

Reaction score
Because he is a progress stopper of course. Gotta love that bit of dogma.

Amazing how that little comment became a way how to run a team.

You almost never heard any other successful team say that.

Oh no, we'll have none of that veteran. He'd stop progress!

That is just a lazy front office speaking.

As much as they try to talk about how they are always interested in process improvement, it is amazing how often they stick to the same things and players.

Over and over again.

But then blow the idea of "competition" out the side of their mouths.

When you sit and look at things, this is an organization that has mastered the right things to say but doesn't understand the core idea behind those ideas.