Spurs/Lakers Series

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
It starts Sunday. Any predictions ? I'm going to say Lakers win 91-87. Shaq comes up big and Kobe contributes nicely along with Payton and Malone.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'll say the Spurs nearly blow a double digit lead in the 4th, but hold on to win 85-80.

Spurs will close it out at home in 5 games. ;)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Spurs in 7. I really think this will be a very closely contested series. I don't think these team have ever gone to seven before, so now's as good a time as any

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
laythewood28 said:
Since the Lakers have home court advantage they will win in seven games.
AceofSpades is right. The Lakers were the No. 2 seed in the West this round because they won the Pacific Division. But after the first round ends home court goes to the team with the better record, and San Antonio finished the season a game better than the Lakers, 57-25 to 56-26.

Advantage: Spurs.

laythewood28

Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man said:
AceofSpades is right. The Lakers were the No. 2 seed in the West this round because they won the Pacific Division. But after the first round ends home court goes to the team with the better record, and San Antonio finished the season a game better than the Lakers, 57-25 to 56-26.

Advantage: Spurs.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought the higher seed gets the home court, but I was wrong. Any way I still go with the Lakers because I feel like it. :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
LAKERS IN 4!!!!

Kobe schools Bruce lee bowen out of his shoes,
Shaq embarrasses Nesterovic
Malone puts the clamps on TD
Payton struggles
Ginobli has a good series in a losing effort...

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
RW31 said:
LAKERS IN 4!!!!

Kobe schools Bruce lee bowen out of his shoes,
Shaq embarrasses Nesterovic
Malone puts the clamps on TD
Payton struggles
Ginobli has a good series in a losing effort...
I'm a laker fan too.... but can you say *cough* homer *cough* No way TD can have clamps put on him. I'm very scared of the Spurs, very good team. It should be good, IMO it can go either way. Let's go Lakers. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Spurs in 5 or 6

The Lakers have no one that can keep up with Parkers speed and Shaq has gotten too fat.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Game 1 coming up, I can't wait to watch it! I'm a Spurs fan, the ORIGINAL Dallas pro basketball team. :cool: Go Dallas Chaparrals!

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Game 1 coming up, I can't wait to watch it! I'm a Spurs fan, the ORIGINAL Dallas pro basketball team. Go Dallas Chaparrals!
Cool, can't wait either, like the Spurs but I love the Lakers. Let's Go Lakers, win one for Malone and Payton. :D If spurs win, please don't let T-wolves or Kings win. I'm confident whoever wins this series will the championship. :D

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Good 1st game today. Stifling defense by the Spurs in the 4th. If the Lakers want to pull this out they're going to have to give 110 % through all 4 quarters. Good game.... Come on Lakers, put your a** in gear. :)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone want to change their Lakers predictions now? ;)

I'm still going with Spurs in 6 but they looked good out there. I've watched Tony Parker grow into an elite point guard over the last few years. He's going to have a great career with the Spurs. It's hard to believe he's a vet and only 21.

Malone CAN NOT guard Tim Duncan and no one on the Lakers could handle Tony Parker. I bet they miss Tyrone Lue now. :D

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
All you lakers fans need to go home man. they ain't beatin' the spurs no way no how!!

m-5trophies.jpg

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Danny White said:
I'll say the Spurs nearly blow a double digit lead in the 4th, but hold on to win 85-80.

Spurs will close it out at home in 5 games. ;)

So I gave the Lakers a little too much credit. :D

Malone and Payton are huge FA busts, even if they did take huge pay cuts. They're a waste of space out there and more liabilities than anything else.

Shaq and Kobe are studs, but even they can only do so much by themselves. The Lakers GM did a horrible job this year in bringing them help. As everyone on this board knows, "Fantasy" management doesn't win championships. Since when was Dan Snyder hired to run the Lakers?

I still think the Lakers will win their first home game, but that will be it.

Spurs dynasty!