News: ST: CBS dispute with Dish could mean no Thanksgiving Day Cowboys’ game

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
What's the big deal just stream the game. Satellite dishes are are a thing of the past get rid of them.

Ghost12

Reaction score
They sure showed that message during this past Sunday's early games on TV enough times.... took up a huge chunk of the top of the screen. I don't even have Dish but I guess the local affiliate was sending it out to everyone.

Ghost12

Reaction score
What's the big deal just stream the game. Satellite dishes are are a thing of the past get rid of them.
Yeah nothing better than getting an ESPN alert that Dallas scored a touchdown then getting to see it myself 90 seconds later.

CWR

Reaction score
Go out and get some bunny ears. They work perfectly if your near just about any city. I cut cable and got an outdoor antenna for 40.00 because my Houston and Waco feeds wouldnt pick up here in college station.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Go out and get some bunny ears. They work perfectly if your near just about any city. I cut cable and got an outdoor antenna for 40.00 because my Houston and Waco feeds wouldnt pick up here in college station.
I live in one of those rare areas in Hawai‘i where the mountains block the OTA CBS signal lol.

Reactions: CWR

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, if you don’t have it they give you a 7 day trial period. I’m able to stream the local cbs affiliate on my iPad wherever I go.
I think directv has an issue where you can stream if you live in the local market. I wonder if CBS has that restriction.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I think directv has an issue where you can stream if you live in the local market. I wonder if CBS has that restriction.
When I go to my Directv app, it lets me stream everything local (when I’m at home) except CBS iirc.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just go out and buy an HD antenna and plug it into your tv. The picture is surprisingly clear. I did that a couple years ago when running cable wires wasn't feasible into an upstairs loft and before wireless cable was available.
Please elaborate on this in ot. I am interested in HD TV antenna and limitations, advantages etc.

CWR

Reaction score
I live in one of those rare areas in Hawai‘i where the mountains block the OTA CBS signal lol.

Id feel sorry for you if you didnt live in Hawaii lol. Percy gave me the @buffstreams twitter link which also works really well.

superonyx

Reaction score
Anybody with Dish notice their bill go up recently? Curious what this "tax" is. I know a lot of NFL Ticket subscribers cancelled.
It’s not the dish companies or cable companies that people should be mad at.
These disputes are the cable companies efforts to keep your bills down. Retrains rate are awful and getting worse....

Trust me..I have inside industry knowledge. Very inside..

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
If anyone's curious and in a pinch, try this out

I was bored and it took me ten minutes. Cut off one end of an extra coax cable and make. Screw uncut end into where the normal coax goes, switch the "input" on the TV over to antenna and set the TV to search for channels. Here in Albuquerque, I got all four major networks with HDTV quality along with 30 other channels. Didn't even hang it, just let it dangle. YMMV.

Last edited:

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
It’s not the dish companies or cable companies that people should be mad at.
These disputes are the cable companies efforts to keep your bills down. Retrains rate are awful and getting worse....

Trust me..I have inside industry knowledge. Very inside..

I was curious as to where this "tax" was coming from. Like CBS was passing it on to consumers in a normal Dish package for their lack of revenue from additional NFL Ticket purchases. I have cable and noticed a minor increase in basic progamming. Thanks.