News: ST: Cowboys DE Charles Tapper has fractured bone in his back, too

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So even with the back issue, he's gonna play??? It doesn't say he had surgery or anything, so what'd he do?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
There is another thread about this. From articles he basically is very close to being able to play. His conditioning isn't where it needs to be....the suggestion is that he will be ready for week 2.

Reaction score
apparently he's been living with this forever so I guess he's used to playing through it. Probably no coincidence tho at this level of play it's now acting up and keeping him off the field. Saw the other thread on his condition, sounds like another situation in Dallas where the more you read and hear, the more you're left confused.

fifaguy

Reaction score
"Now, as the season is set to get underway and Tapper has his place confirmed on the 53-man roster, it turns out the situation was a lot more severe than the team originally let on. The back was so bad for Tapper, he thought he was paralyzed."

Mildly concerning. Probably will be listed as day-to-day though.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
This is not a huge deal depending on his signs and symptoms which I'd guess as not bad. There is no way to 100% attribute this old defect and his current problems.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I find this terribly confusing on so many fronts. Not surprising really that this team and coaching staff is weird about injuries.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Maybe this is why he fell to the 4th round.....

Don Corleone

Reaction score
So after a month we finally get news on what happened. The Dallas media never made it a point to ask specifically about Tapper earlier. They are just as pathetic as this medical and coaching staff.