News: ST: Former Cowboys scouting chief Larry Lacewell suffers severe stroke

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Having watched my grandmother struggle with a stroke that left her trapped in a speechless body with a still functioning brain, my thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Lacewell. This is not the time for snide remarks.

I concur having watched my father survive two major strokes. He was a brilliant man who is a shell of his former self physically and mentally, and his long term memory is gone. Best wishes to Larry Lacewell and his family...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Former Dallas Cowboys scouting director Larry Lacewell suffered a severe stroke over the weekend and is battling for his life in an intensive care unit at St. Bernard’s Medical Center … Click to Continue »

Continue reading...
Godspeed Larry..

you are in our prayers.

I just hate we have lost so many people who have given part of their lives to this team..

Murchison

Landry

Schramm

Meredith

Hayes

Tunis

Buddy Dial

I know I leave out many here..

Hope you get better, Larry and thanx for all you have done.

rpntex

Reaction score
Could listen to him and Switzer tell stories all day.

Hope the effects aren't too debilitating. Prayers out.

That was my thought. He and Switzerland on the same dais were a real hoot to listen to.

I, too, have a personal appreciation for his situation. I suffered a stroke myself not long after my 50th birthday. It's been 8 years, but I still have lingering effects, such as numbness and weakness on my left side. Mine was relatively minor (if there I such a thing as a "minor" stroke). His, as I understand it, was much more severe and debilitating.