News: ST: Former Cowboys scouting chief Larry Lacewell suffers severe stroke

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That was my thought. He and Switzerland on the same dais were a real hoot to listen to.

I, too, have a personal appreciation for his situation. I suffered a stroke myself not long after my 50th birthday. It's been 8 years, but I still have lingering effects, such as numbness and weakness on my left side. Mine was relatively minor (if there I such a thing as a "minor" stroke). His, as I understand it, was much more severe and debilitating.
Yeah..

Me too at 62..quite a shocker.

Yes..his sounds very severe.

Larry is loved and appreciated by so many.

Hope he improves...

phildadon86

Reaction score
Having watched my grandmother struggle with a stroke that left her trapped in a speechless body with a still functioning brain, my thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Lacewell. This is not the time for snide remarks.
Yeah. I watched my aunt recover from one stroke. The second stroke really did her in. She has use of her body but her mind is completely not the same. It's a shame. Prayers are with the lacewell family, and you brother.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
As the boyfriend of a stroke/euro RN, hearing what any level of a stroke has done to her patients, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Prayers to Larry and his family, and his extended football family.

Plankton

Reaction score
Though it didn't happen in Dallas, Lacewell has made a large contribution to the sport of football. He was a great defensive mind in his day. I hope he can recover and maintain some quality of life. Hope they got him TPA early enough.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
That's a tough slog getting anywhere close to normal again. Hopefully he can at least get some quality of life back and then start the trek back to normalcy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hang in there, Larry and don't give up the fight. Do your best to recover and leave the rest to God.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm thank for your contributions to a Cowboys past...recover quickly. We love you, man...