News: ST: How Taco Charlton rubbed the Cowboys wrong and what he changed to get back on field

Brooksey

Reaction score
I agree, winning is everything.
If they win and advance, and the Hotboyz are a big reason why,,,, then by all means,, there should be a parade. A very merry gay parade.

Ok and wth is with the fish? What is that a monster catfish from a river in Thailand?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the nick was made up in TC.

Yep. Given to them, by themselves. Before anyone had accomplished anything. Especially, Taco Charlton, the guy who came up with it.

the defense held Seattle's running and passing game in check. It was Dak's picks and overall offensive ineptitude that did us in.

Certainly not in check enough to actually win the game. Assess blame in whatever proportions you'd like, the defensive line didn't do enough to win either.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yep. Given to them, by themselves. Before anyone had accomplished anything. Especially, Taco Charlton, the guy who came up with it.

Certainly not in check enough to actually win the game. Assess blame in whatever proportions you'd like, the defensive line didn't do enough to win either.

I'm not much interested in blame. I am interested in cause and effect based on empirical observations.

The Seattle game's and the Colt's are not reasonably comparable given the lack of push that the Seahawks were getting. The Seahawks were not efficient but were gifted short fields by turnovers. It is what it is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not much interested in blame. I am interested in cause and effect based on empirical observations.

The Seattle game's and the Colt's are not reasonably comparable given the lack of push that the Seahawks were getting. The Seahawks were not efficient but were gifted short fields by turnovers. It is what it is.

What it is to you isn't what it is to me. But the fact is that the undermanned Seahawks line did enough for Chris Carson to run for over 100 yards against this defense, as the Colts Marlon Mack did. Rushing numbers don't have to be huge, they just have to be effective when it counts. Both were, and Dallas lost both games.

And the self-proclaimed Hot Boyz weren't much help in either game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What it is to you isn't what it is to me. But the fact is that the undermanned Seahawks line did enough for Chris Carson to run for over 100 yards against this defense, as the Colts Marlon Mack did. Rushing numbers don't have to be huge, they just have to be effective when it counts. Both were, and Dallas lost both games.

And the self-proclaimed Hot Boyz weren't much help in either game.

They averaged under 3 ypc and 4.4 yards per play.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you are intent on laying blame for that. Nonetheless the issues on defense had more to do with coverage than anything the DL did or did not do.

I see. So where I assess something is "blame" and where you assess it is "empirical observation".

Cool story.