News: ST: Jason Witten intends to chase elusive Super Bowl again next season

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Who is whining?

I said there aint no way this team is playing in a SuperBowl as long as Clapper is on the sideline........that is not whining, that is reality

Now if you cant handle reality, maybe you need to go play Madden where your hero Garrett actually can win something because he dam sure aint winning anything here, I got seven years worth of data to prove it.

So log off and go win some imaginary playoff games on Madden, I am sure you are Garrett just crush it on Madden:thumbup:
Garrett is so bad.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes that’s my thought. He still gets open. It’s insane.
I don't understand the hate on Witten. The man has been a true professional on and off the field. He's been with us in the highs and the very lows. He's been the ultimate Cowboy.

I don't get some fans on this forum. The other day when OScan made that tweet that seemed like he's going to be done with the Cowboys after this year all of a sudden he gets hated on. It's like some fans expect all pros at every position and when a player loses a step they take it as a personal insult. OScan was a steal of a draft pick and played well for us. But we hate him now cuz his body is breaking down and he gets injured. Witten isn't as fast as he was 12 years ago so let's hate him for wanting to be a Cowboy. Makes no sense. I respect players like OScan, Witten, Romo, Dak, Martin, Smith, Jaylon, Morris, Lee, etc, players that do their best on the field and are not a distraction off the field.

Ok, rant over.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have a team with no speed at WR and a TE who is literally becoming like an eligible lineman downfield. Add in a QB who can't throw.

And you guys are crying about schemes.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate on Witten. The man has been a true professional on and off the field. He's been with us in the highs and the very lows. He's been the ultimate Cowboy.

I don't get some fans on this forum. The other day when OScan made that tweet that seemed like he's going to be done with the Cowboys after this year all of a sudden he gets hated on. It's like some fans expect all pros at every position and when a player loses a step they take it as a personal insult. OScan was a steal of a draft pick and played well for us. But we hate him now cuz his body is breaking down and he gets injured. Witten isn't as fast as he was 12 years ago so let's hate him for wanting to be a Cowboy. Makes no sense. I respect players like OScan, Witten, Romo, Dak, Martin, Smith, Jaylon, Morris, Lee, etc, players that do their best on the field and are not a distraction off the field.

Ok, rant over.
I’m with you on Witten. Guys a hall of famer. He’s always been a safety net and still gets open. He’s one of the best tight ends ever. When he does retire. People will wish he was back and still playing. Scandrick productivity has fell off and didn’t seem to want to be here anymore. His play declined big time at least Jason plays still at a high level. He’d have more td and yards if dak could find him at times lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m with you on Witten. Guys a hall of famer. He’s always been a safety net and still gets open. He’s one of the best tight ends ever. When he does retire. People will wish he was back and still playing. Scandrick productivity has fell off and didn’t seem to want to be here anymore. His play declined big time at least Jason plays still at a high level. He’d have more td and yards if dak could find him at times lol

At no point after his retirement will I wish Witten was still playing. Actually I wish he stopped playing two years ago.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who is whining?

I said there aint no way this team is playing in a SuperBowl as long as Clapper is on the sideline........that is not whining, that is reality

Now if you cant handle reality, maybe you need to go play Madden where your hero Garrett actually can win something because he dam sure aint winning anything here, I got seven years worth of data to prove it.

So log off and go win some imaginary playoff games on Madden, I am sure you are Garrett just crush it on Madden:thumbup:
And I said habitual whiners. You do nothing but come here and complain. It's old and takes away from the site. Oh, and I've never played Madden and don't own any kind of game system.

Proof

Reaction score
His salary is not a big issue. He was underpaid on the whole of his career.

The issue is that he needs to play less than the near 100% of the snaps that he always plays.

They can't develop another TE just using them as the blocking 2nd TE.

It is an issue as of right now though. He’s earned it, and deserves every red cent, but it could definitely prove more useful elsewhere.

kazzd58

Reaction score
OMG Witten stop being selfish man!!!! Here we go again 3rd down passes short of 1st down more often than not ..... Witten is not no.1 TE hes a role player..... Its over Dude Its Over you a redzone 3rd and short player not the whole game....

kazzd58

Reaction score
It is an issue as of right now though. He’s earned it, and deserves every red cent, but it could definitely prove more useful elsewhere.

Man Witten is a role player but I know our other TE can make some plays they got to be more than just damn blockers every year... and i promise we wont miss him as an offensive player.. I Promise that.. i need more form that Posistion period. He part of the reason our offense is held back from the 20-20.. Dak got to always throw the perfect pass to witten too so aye other wise he's getting tackled immediately and we punting.

Why do we have TE's we dont even use them we might as well put offensive lineman out there cause 99% of the time thats all they do.. Im tired of seeing witten every play for 3 yrs now and love witt but he aint got it and Id tell him to his face since everybody else is scarred to

kazzd58

Reaction score
Then take a pay cut and be a backup

ABSOLUTELY.. Take a pay cut his production hasnt been no where near where he was the last 2 years too rally about 4-5 years but any who.. Cmon now!!! Appreciate ya but you holding us back

dallasdave

Reaction score
gqyu2h.gif
Wow, have those guys check to make sure waldoputty is down there :eek::omg::eek: