News: ST: Jason Witten intends to chase elusive Super Bowl again next season

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate on Witten. The man has been a true professional on and off the field. He's been with us in the highs and the very lows. He's been the ultimate Cowboy.

I don't get some fans on this forum. The other day when OScan made that tweet that seemed like he's going to be done with the Cowboys after this year all of a sudden he gets hated on. It's like some fans expect all pros at every position and when a player loses a step they take it as a personal insult. OScan was a steal of a draft pick and played well for us. But we hate him now cuz his body is breaking down and he gets injured. Witten isn't as fast as he was 12 years ago so let's hate him for wanting to be a Cowboy. Makes no sense. I respect players like OScan, Witten, Romo, Dak, Martin, Smith, Jaylon, Morris, Lee, etc, players that do their best on the field and are not a distraction off the field.

Ok, rant over.
Fans turn on players fast around here. I'll always respect Witten. OScan was a great player for us for a lot of years. He just isn't that anymore.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Then take a pay cut and be a backup
This , he is stopping progress of a possibly developing a young and fast TE , all the major teams have one dominant big guy who can catch and run & block. Witten can still catch but he had a few key drops this season , also his YAC is nin existent for more than 2 seasons . His blocking also has been up and down , his holding and false start calls on the rise. Until at least Romo was here , Wiiten and Romo had a magical connection but even that is not there.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
His salary is not a big issue. He was underpaid on the whole of his career.

The issue is that he needs to play less than the near 100% of the snaps that he always plays.

They can't develop another TE just using them as the blocking 2nd TE.

I'm hoping what Gathers showed in the preseason will give us a reliable option to at least pair with Witten. I expect us to continue to use a lot of two-tight end sets, but I'd like to see Witten used more as the blocking tight end and the other tight end allowed to be more of the receiving threat. We need to transition, whether it's with Gathers or with a draft pick.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And I said habitual whiners. You do nothing but come here and complain. It's old and takes away from the site. Oh, and I've never played Madden and don't own any kind of game system.

You don't play Madden?

Probably for the best, you and Garrett would get your arse handed to you there as well.

And if you don't like what I say, put me on ignore............I don't recall anybody making you the admin and determining who can post and who cant.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
i dont know why that loser keeps bothering you.
is he just dumb or has some type of homer disorder...
That's conduct unbecoming and casts the dark shadow of bad luck upon yer' furrowed brow Waldo "wang-chung" Putty,,, inferring to some of yer' fellow members as 'losers' :rolleyes:
Did you best this individual in a game of skills or maybe even one of chance?,,,once again the wealth of wisdom that dwells within the feudal melon must bestow learnered knowledge unto thee once again, lest yer' cast of unsubstantiated allegation is reported to forum Gestapo casing-liner's of renowned authority and yer' doing some down time on "TURTLE ISLAND" once again,,, Putty-Buddy& drearest ol' fren,,,o_O
:eek::eek::eek:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate on Witten. The man has been a true professional on and off the field. He's been with us in the highs and the very lows. He's been the ultimate Cowboy.

I don't get some fans on this forum. The other day when OScan made that tweet that seemed like he's going to be done with the Cowboys after this year all of a sudden he gets hated on. It's like some fans expect all pros at every position and when a player loses a step they take it as a personal insult. OScan was a steal of a draft pick and played well for us. But we hate him now cuz his body is breaking down and he gets injured. Witten isn't as fast as he was 12 years ago so let's hate him for wanting to be a Cowboy. Makes no sense. I respect players like OScan, Witten, Romo, Dak, Martin, Smith, Jaylon, Morris, Lee, etc, players that do their best on the field and are not a distraction off the field.

Ok, rant over.

It's the way of this surrounded island tribe of self appointed brilliance
( actually it's of my opinion there are some brilliant flash cats that post here from time to time & some just whenever they feel something needs to be addressed, kinda' like their on overwatch duty or something) every member a lord,every lord a king,,,er,,,and they eat their own to maintain this self perceived aire of lordly kingship,,,or something along those lines, as it's truly so belonging in it's largeness with that of the potato peels/egg shells& coffee grinds of yesterday's backtrail to even complete this casing-liner avenue of thought,,,o_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
This , he is stopping progress of a possibly developing a young and fast TE , all the major teams have one dominant big guy who can catch and run & block. Witten can still catch but he had a few key drops this season , also his YAC is nin existent for more than 2 seasons . His blocking also has been up and down , his holding and false start calls on the rise. Until at least Romo was here , Wiiten and Romo had a magical connection but even that is not there.
Well,ya know ever since #82 donned the field war gear of our forces it's always seemed to me that the perennial 2nd Rd draft has been a rather caviler affair ,during many times of great immediate need,,,but maybe its just me and that strange tasting cup of tea my great- great grandfather's daddy-o handed me a couple of days ago up at the great waters head falls,,,,o_O
:starspin::):starspin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You don't play Madden?

Probably for the best, you and Garrett would get your arse handed to you there as well.

And if you don't like what I say, put me on ignore............I don't recall anybody making you the admin and determining who can post and who cant.
I’ve never said you can’t post. I’m just calling you out as the kind of fan that all they do is complain. Constantly. Continually. Your posts tell me that you love it when the Cowboys lose.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I hate it when the cowboys lose but they do that so much on a regular basis any more its pretty much become what we expect and most fans and especially me hate what they have become the losing and the excuses why are getting really hard to take mediocrity is hard to live in

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Witten has 5 games (1/3rd of the season) with under 10 yards receiving per game. He has 6 games with only one catch.