News: ST: Jerry Jones on Cowboys' draft board getting out: 'We don't put anything up there that's...

NewsBot

Reaction score
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he is not sensitive about the Cowboys’ draft board being discovered.

The draft is over, right?

“I’m a little hard-pressed to see where the issue is at all after the draft is over,” he told reporters Tuesday at Valley Ranch. “We don’t put anything up there that’s particularly sensitive. Those are the opinions and the work of our scouts. The fact that there might have been a player up there a round earlier or a round later than it is on a lot of other people’s boards or opinion doesn’t impact us.”

The web site BloggingTheBoys.com last week compiled the board after examining photos from the Cowboys draft room.

“I don’t see the negative aspect of that information,” Jones said. “We won’t make it a practice of publishing it, but still, I don’t think it’s an important detail.”

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett was tight-lipped.

“I didn’t follow that story very closely,” he said. “Obviously we have a draft process that we believe in. A draft board is part of that process. A lot of discussions are a part of that process, too – the interpretation of that draft board, and then we make our best decision. So any comment beyond that is not something I want to get into.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...